Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Richest Program in the World?"

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2006, 1:28 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
A Positive Note

Looks like the old HP A&B program will continue. The best way of saying thanks to an employee.

edited to add: I'm shocked. They actually put that they've received the Freddie Award for the best elite program three years running. The nerve! What happened this year?

Last edited by GotCalcio4; May 8, 2006 at 2:02 am
Old May 8, 2006, 1:44 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by PineyBob
I said that!

Not Randy. Mellow out OK? Let's see what happens.
Hey, I'm mellow. I wasn't trying to verbally assault anyone.

However, I have to question someone who pronounces DM as the "richest program in the world" when the evidence here and on HP's site screams to the contrary.

FlightFund was going downhill well before the merger, and I see no evidence that the trend will be reversed.
Old May 8, 2006, 4:34 am

Programs: US Gold, CO Silver,HH Gold,*wood Gold
Plat's to get use of Chariman's desk?

Is it my imagination or does the platinum preferred page talk about use of the chairman's preffered desk liason's as a benefit. Could they be adding the Chariman's desk as a perk for Plats? It may just be a typo since this looks a lot like a beta site to me.
Old May 8, 2006, 5:21 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
So I must be missing something here -- I see precious little changes to the overall program. What major nuggets have I overlooked?

As a long time Gold, I'll hardly be affected from what I can gather here.

Why are some up in arms over this??

Old May 8, 2006, 7:15 am

Programs: UA Plat, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by sbtinme
So I must be missing something here -- I see precious little changes to the overall program. What major nuggets have I overlooked?

As a long time Gold, I'll hardly be affected from what I can gather here.

Why are some up in arms over this??

I have the same question. The only real decreases in value I can detect is the % of bonus miles for silver and gold and the loss of the rollover option for CP.
Old May 8, 2006, 7:26 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by noROCclub
I have the same question. The only real decreases in value I can detect is the % of bonus miles for silver and gold and the loss of the rollover option for CP.
Isn't the 50% drop in bonus miles for Golds enough? No other major airline gives a 50% bonus to their mid-tier elites. I'll be a Platinum this year but I'll drop back to Gold for next. When the time comes I may see if UAL will do a match to PE and I'll be off to the friendly skies.
Old May 8, 2006, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-Gold, DL-Flying Colonel, CO-Platinum, HP-Platinum, US-Chairman's Preferred.
Originally Posted by noROCclub
The major point is that US hopes you will fall for assuming that what is not in print and what has not been fully disclosed is not a big deal. The bottom line is this: every mile you have, or earn, is now worth 1/3 as much as it was in 2005.

Capacity controls for everything from free US seats to free US upgrades have been increased by 200%. US Blackout dates were increased by 200%. Available free seats on 4 of the star alliance carriers have been reduced by 70%. You now pay $50 for free reservations within 14 days, a transaction that costs US $0 in cost of goods sold. Standard mileage awards have been reduced by 45% forcing you to redeme twice as many miles for a ticket. If you don't believe these facts, go ahead and try any or all of the above transactions. The longer the uninformed people stay committed to flying US, the worse those numbers are going to get.

All of the people who think this new program is great are unfortunately thinking in terms of mileage accrual instead of mileage redemption. That is precisily what US is hoping for. 1,000,000,000 miles that you can't redeem for when you want to travel are a waste. BUT, because some mistaken people think that mileage accrual is the key to happiness, they keep forking over money...while fares are continually increased by this "low fare carrier".

For as long as you breathe their exhaust you will be lulled into the false euphoric state that US wants you to exist within.
Old May 8, 2006, 7:55 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Did we ever get a definitive answer on companion upgrades (i.e. will a CP still be able to upgrade their companion with them at the 7-day e-upgrade window on domestic flights)?
Old May 8, 2006, 8:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PremiumSeat
Did we ever get a definitive answer on companion upgrades (i.e. will a CP still be able to upgrade their companion with them at the 7-day e-upgrade window on domestic flights)?
It appears so. The new Preferred Upgrade Chart states:

Companion traveling on the same itinerary* = Same as member

* Request through reservations
Old May 8, 2006, 8:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
longing4piedmont, I'd like to read what Randy had to say. Where did you find his "richest program in the world" comments?

Thanks!
Old May 8, 2006, 9:03 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
It appears so. The new Preferred Upgrade Chart states:

Companion traveling on the same itinerary* = Same as member

* Request through reservations
Thanks, AZ! For me, this was a key benefit and I am glad that they are keeping it. ^
Old May 8, 2006, 9:09 am

Programs: US Gold, Avis CHM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
I don't see any huge surprises there, but I wish they would stop using the term "unlimited upgrades" when they are really quite limited, especially if you are silver.
Old May 8, 2006, 9:21 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
The Dividend Miles program is a shadow of its former self. Award costs have increased, the off-peak awards are gone, award availability is much more restricted, and elite benefits have been chopped. Can't see how this qualifies as being a "rich" program, let alone "the richest in the world.
Old May 8, 2006, 9:24 am

Programs: US lowlife
Originally Posted by MileKing
The Dividend Miles program is a shadow of its former self. Award costs have increased, the off-peak awards are gone, award availability is much more restricted, and elite benefits have been chopped. Can't see how this qualifies as being a "rich" program, let alone "the richest in the world.
Thesaurus was on the fritz.

Should read "The Costliest Program in the World".

-JC
Old May 8, 2006, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
longing4piedmont, I'd like to read what Randy had to say. Where did you find his "richest program in the world" comments?

Thanks!
The quote was on the CP benefit page on one of the links provided (which now appears to have been taken down by our friends in the castle)

I'm also guessing it was taken out of context. If you read it closely he says it was being hailed as the "richest" and did not say he said it.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; May 8, 2006 at 9:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.