Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surprised at the size of Zone 1 boarding

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2006, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Wow, you have a cool plan this is how it will be done the McFlyPHL way:
It's pretty clear you haven't read (or comprehended) too many posts on this thread. You know nothing about my field, which makes your statements quite a bit more amusing. Or perhaps you really believe I am a cat herder who reinvents wheels.

I'd suggest you take a look at the suggestions here from myself and others, and learn from them. We've been around the block a few times (some on here many more times than me) and seen several different ways of doing things. It's what makes FT great - a resources when something isn't clear or you run into a roadblock, and a place where experiences and experience provide perspectives beyond our own.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
Or perhaps you really believe I am a cat herder who reinvents wheels.

Fits you well. With your manner, you cant possibly interact w/ humans, so yes a cat herder who reinvents wheels is quite adequate. 2 things, would want to be one of those wheels, and um... feeling sorry for the um... POOR CATS!

And of course, our favorite McFlyPHL tagline... SHOCKING!
Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
Wow, you have a cool plan this is how it will be done the McFlyPHL way:

Good morning ladies and gentleman. Welcome to US Airways 516 non stop service from Chicago Ohare to Philadelphia. At this time we will begin boarding:
This is how boarding will be done. Please take a look at your BP and indentify your zone number. Please board when your zone number is called.

First we preboard, passengers needing assistance, mother w/ childeren...

At this time we board Z1 All paid F class pax

... now Z2, all upgraded F class pax

... now Z3 all Chairmants pref whol flew 100k miles or 120 segs
... Z4 CP's who got it by fast track
... Z5 Real Plat's 75k miles or 90 segs
... Z6 Fast track plats
.... Z7 GP' the real way
.... Z8 GP' the fast track way
.... z9 SP the real way
..... z10 SP the fast track way
.... z11 visa or mastercard card holders
..... z12-20 all other coach pax

YOU KNOW McFlyPHL, I gotta hand it to you, if you ran US, this would be one well organized airline! Oh SORRY, skipped one detail: ITS NOT YOUR FIELD!

And of course our favorite McFlyPHL tagline. SHOCKING!

Wow. What the &^$@ is your problem?
Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:22 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
[QUOTE=kinglobjaw]
QUOTE]

Fits you well. With your manner, you cant possibly interact w/ humans, so yes a cat herder who reinvents wheels is quite adequate. 2 things, would want to be one of those wheels, and um... feeling sorry for the um... POOR CATS!

Let's all try to limit the personal attacks.... it is getting distracting from the main purpose of this thread..
Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:24 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
I think, and I hate to say this, we should really get some "shoots" like Southwest does. Have the preboards in one line.. and then Zone 1 Zone 2,etc.. it could help..

Even if you separate the pre-boards from the regular coach. Speed it up
Old Mar 19, 2006, 5:23 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
I think, and I hate to say this, we should really get some "shoots" like Southwest does. Have the preboards in one line.. and then Zone 1 Zone 2,etc.. it could help..

Even if you separate the pre-boards from the regular coach. Speed it up
Interesting point although I think it'd be better received if marketed that we're following CO's model and not that of Southwest!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Interesting point although I think it'd be better received if marketed that we're following CO's model and not that of Southwest!
Interesting idea - rodeo "chutes" to the cattle call!

Does anyone have experience with the CO method? I see the Elite Access areas with carpets and all, but wonder how it would work at US. If the idea is to separate boarding it might be difficult to put a crush of people through a smaller line. Or you could liken it to shooting elites out of a cannon... maybe not a bad idea to some!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
[QUOTE=kinglobjaw]
QUOTE]

Can't we block this guy/girl?
Seriously, there is NO value in this person's posts. yeah, yeah, free speech. . . . . .
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:42 am

[QUOTE=liveon777]

Seriously, there is NO value in this person's posts. yeah, yeah, free speech. . . . . .

Since when a king is a female?

By the way liveon777, this is only towards McFlyPHL. He asked for these forum wars, and Im just waiting till he retreats. Talk about waging wars. This is not about making the other user's time hard here, its about the public mockery of McFlyPHL. He can just tailgating me, and this will also subside. I mean, Liveon777, you wouldnt be too thrilled, if after every post I went and tried to attack you right? Well thats what McFlyPHL did, and now hes taked the hard way how to learn politeness in a public forum. Suprising many agree w/ me? Anyway liveon777, I hold no grudges against you, but you really got stop criticizing me. So what if Im 16, I still have the right to fly alot. Ask alot of F/a's they WILL tell you, that I can be nicer than many adults. So please lets not argue over some foolish thing. I might as well say im 42, will that make some less prone to attacking me?
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: Ex-US GP
*Sigh*
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:49 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Interesting idea - rodeo "chutes" to the cattle call!

Does anyone have experience with the CO method? I see the Elite Access areas with carpets and all, but wonder how it would work at US. !

Would work as well as the screaming vacationers who get pissed when I use the preferred check in!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Would work as well as the screaming vacationers who get pissed when I use the preferred check in!
Angry vacationers *AND* livestock? Now that I would pay good money (but not full fare )to see!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 1:57 pm

Programs: US, UA
Originally Posted by liveon777
if you believe the TOS have been violated (ed. fairly clear in this case), you can use the report bad post button (red triangle icon under appropriate post/name).
separately, you can use the ignore list feature in your myflyertalk settings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.