Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How old are the CPs?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2005, 7:16 am
Original Poster

How old are the CPs?

Just for curiosity, I was wondering how old some of the other CP's are? On another thread I saw someone mentioned that he's grey haired and bald as a new CP. I'm constantly getting double-takes when I hand them my ticket and they see that I'm younger. Only 28 here and have been a CP for 2 years now.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 7:51 am
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
Hey kid, just think how many years of flying you have left. I'm not giving out age info. I'd rather take the fifth....but my first flight on a related aricraft for this company was on a thing called Robinson Airlines, which became Mohawk (which merged with Allegheny).

http://www.timetableimages.com/ttimages/mo.htm
Old Aug 23, 2005, 7:56 am

Programs: United Gold
I wont be as coy as deelmakur - I hit CP first in 2001 (when they had "CP lite" due to 9/11) and was 30 (looked 25) at the time. I got alot of weird looks.

Now I travel alot with the wife and 2 little ones - the looks I get are much weirder now.

BTW - there are stories on here where you'll hear about young CPs being harassed and "discriminated against", i.e., GAs accusing them of flying under daddy's name to get him all the FF miles - only to find out these were really big customers. Makes you wonder why people bother jumping to conclusions.. "just take my ticket and help the next guy"..

That being said, I used to know someone with the same name as his father and they would use one account. He even had a lifetime club membership card.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
I was 23 when I first made CP...and yes, I got a lot of strange looks. Most of the attitude has come from fellow pax though, not the agents. My favorite is when I'm lined up to board with F, and some self important schmuck comes pushes ahead of me "They called First Class." Yes, I know, that's why I'm in line. And then you end up sitting next to said schmuck the rest of the flight...

I haven't been carded when asking for a drink in F in at least a year...uh oh, am I starting to look old???
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:22 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I was 22 when I became CP and stayed CP till I was 26.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:29 am

Programs: US lowlife
Will make CP this year at 25. The hair loss and intimidating look probably keeps the elders from giving the "kid" a hard time.

-JC
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:44 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
I'm older than dirt.........
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:48 am

Programs: DL, US
I was 21 and have maintained US1 status since then ( I'm 25)
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:49 am

I'll play this game. I have 2 kids that are not teenagers yet. I also have 4 grand kids with another on the way. My son calls me "grandpa". I have my hair and am prematurely going grey. CP since 1999 and Gold or Silver before that for about 2-3 years.

Flew on PI when you used to walk out from the terminal to the tarmac to walk up the stairs to the plane. Remember when you used to dress up to fly. Finally geting used to being called "mister or sir" when I used to think it was reserved for my father. Not too old to rock and roll; or play soccer with my son though but I cannot beat him anymore. Younger than Mick.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 9:13 am

Programs: AA PlatPro; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
I'm 29 now, made GP at 26 and CP for the first time at 27.

I've certainly never been "harrassed" as a young CP, although during weekday flights I typically am wearing a coat and tie. Even on weekends or vacations when wearing jeans and a sweatshirt or casual sweater, I've never had a problem. Although, as I've seen posted many times before, I have noticed gate agents magically provide significantly better service to this 20-something after they see a BP with CP on it.

On several occasions FA have come back with a drink and jokingly said things like "you're too young to be a CP."
Old Aug 23, 2005, 9:14 am

Programs: A shadow of my former self
I always said I never wanted to be CP because it would mean I was away from home too much. I still believe that, but I'll earn CP in 2005 for the first time ever without a challenge. I'm 34.

David
Old Aug 23, 2005, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Platinum Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
36 this my first year as CP--

was GP 4 years prior

Looks like maybe back to GP next year (60,000 Pref. Miles, 50 segments so far this year) unless some good double miles deal comes along. I don't mileage run.

I only have 15,000 scheduled btwn now and year end, and that's about 25 segments.

Cheers!

-- There's not that much point in CP for me anyway-- so much of my flying now east coast/regional small planes. I still get 100% mile bonus. Some reward redeposit fees I like to be exempt from.
When I fly vacation, it's always to Europe, and I can't upgrade my whole family anyway.

Last edited by ytjk; Aug 23, 2005 at 9:25 am
Old Aug 23, 2005, 9:35 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Made it at 25, lost it sometime during 28.

The looks stopped in most markets on US, because I think people peg one as a "consultant" or "IT guy."

Top teir on BA, OTOH, garners weird looks for everyone under at least 40--so far as I can tell.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
I'll hopefully be making it at 26 later this year.

Even as an SP, I get really strange looks from other 20-somethings when I get up to pre-board. But the FAs and GAs have been exceedingly nice to me, even just at SP level.

I was shocked when I started reading posts on here and realized how many people are under 35 on FT in general!
Old Aug 23, 2005, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I am 20 years old. I just made CP from the promotion! I was SP before that but have only been flying for about 2.5 years.

Ps. I have never been carded in coah. Honestly I think its my voice that makes me seem older. I look young but have a 50 year olds voice.

Last edited by uva185; Aug 23, 2005 at 3:15 pm Reason: added info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.