Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BBB update

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2005, 8:55 am

Famous Quote

I still remember his famous quote, I think word for word. Without looking it up it went something along the lines of:

"You're NOT necessary a loyal customer if you always buy the lowest price ticket."

I remember it because of the firestorm it started for about, oh, 6 months?
Old Jun 4, 2005, 2:25 pm

Nope. Depends entirely upon the company. At mine, we'll say nothing before telling some of the whoppers that Chiames has let fly on behalf of US. To each his own, I guess.

Corporate spin IMHO is just a fancy way of saying, "I just lied to make my company look less bad than they really are"

Good for him. I work hard too, but I also sleep well at night knowing that I don't have to impersonate Joe Isuzu on a daily basis. I suppose everyone has to be good at something.

How do you know he lied? Are you Karnac? Likening him to Joe Isuzu is a bit of a stretch. But you are correct in that as a "Beltway Insider" prior to US he is well versed in obfuscating reality. So I guess it depends of whose version of truth you buy into.

Not everyone judges folks at CCY by how much participation or support they gave to RoachFEST, hard is that is to believe.

And not everyone who lived in or flew from PIT has done a 180 in their support of US since the decision to dump the leases and make PIT A focus city either. I'm not judging Chris solely by his help on RoachFEST, but that was a good thing for customers. You're continued diatribe against ANYTHING CCY does is counter productive. Just as FFOCUS's near blindness to issues affecting customers until the Christmas Meltdown. On that I take full responsibility. Ya know Clue it's far easier to stand on the sidelines and be a pundit than it is to be in the arena attempting to be a agent for change. Have I made mistakes? HUGE ONES, Will I make more mistakes? YEP! See I'd rather have a 50-50 track record of failures and successes than to sit on the sidelines and have NO record of accomplishing a single thing, but hey ... do I know I don't even have a college degree!
Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:27 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by PineyBob
Corporate spin IMHO is just a fancy way of saying, "I just lied to make my company look less bad than they really are"
Fine. My point remains: some companies don't do it.

Originally Posted by PineyBob
How do you know he lied? Are you Karnac? Likening him to Joe Isuzu is a bit of a stretch.
He told the world on usaviation and in the PIT and CLT newspapers that US was not going to outsource heavy maintenance during the first bankruptcy. They subsequently did so. I see that as a "lie." Feel free to spin it otherwise.

He was quoted as saying that US had no plans to do what they did at PIT.

Pattern alert! Now, I don't for a second discount the fact that he is the designated liar for CCY, hence it's his job to do this stuff. See the "sleeping well at night" comment. That, and if he were really good, he's one of the ones who could bail US now and get a job somewhere where he might not be forced to bat "designated liar" as often.

And not everyone who lived in or flew from PIT has done a 180 in their support of US since the decision to dump the leases and make PIT A focus city either.
You will find that my support for CCY (let's not confuse that with my admiration and gratitude towards the frontline employees) dated well before the whole PIT thing.

I'm not judging Chris solely by his help on RoachFEST, but that was a good thing for customers.
I'd postulate that the "faxing one's receipts on other airlines" to CCY got a much bigger result, but what do I know?

You're continued diatribe against ANYTHING CCY does is counter productive.
I'm not against anything they do. Just the dumb stuff. That the latter happens about %85 of the time is irrelevent. They could've saved the place as a standalone entity during BK1, but wanted to be the regional virtual airline of choice, ripe for acquisition.

Just as FFOCUS's near blindness to issues affecting customers until the Christmas Meltdown. On that I take full responsibility. Ya know Clue it's far easier to stand on the sidelines and be a pundit than it is to be in the arena attempting to be a agent for change. Have I made mistakes? HUGE ONES, Will I make more mistakes? YEP! See I'd rather have a 50-50 track record of failures and successes than to sit on the sidelines and have NO record of accomplishing a single thing, but hey ... do I know I don't even have a college degree!
Law of diminishing returns. You, as a customer, put in way too much effort for what CCY has returned. I guess that if I wanted to beat my head against a concrete wall, I could find a sidewalk and have at it.

I hope that Parker turns the combined entity around, but I'm not holding out that much hope for two reasons: they can't ditch the cruft from CCY fast enough, and the aforementioned cruft might have already turned what's left of US into a heavy enough anchor that Parker and company will drown with it--regardless of how good they are. I hope I'm wrong.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:48 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
This was the best thread I could find for this, but our good buddy BBB is now CEO of Spirit Airlines and making news again:

Spirit CEO says they owe customers "nothing"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.