Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's official, FlightFund to be absorbed into DM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by USLurker
If you mean, what is the likelihood of a silver/US3 getting an upgrade....

Small, small chance for markets like:
PHL-LAS
PHL-LAX
PHL-SFO
PHL-MCO
PHL-AUA
PHL-CLT

No one gets an upgrade to LAS (all flights are on F8 757s). Even US1's have said they frequently are not upgraded.

As a US3 I have gotten upgraded on PHL/CLT-LAX legs before, as well as PIT-MCO and PHL-MCO. If you can get a 767 from CLT-MCO, chances of the upgrade are very good. It's always good to look for the 321's which have F26, giving you a pretty good chance of getting upgraded. So far this year, I'm 100% on DCA-BOS flights, often with a companion.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
No one gets an upgrade to LAS (all flights are on F8 757s). Even US1's have said they frequently are not upgraded.
Perhaps this is wishful thinking, but I wonder if they'll re-configure the F8 757's at the time they re-paint them?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 1:49 pm

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by dukeman
Are you US2 as your handle implies? I have flown PHL-ORD RT many times and always have gotten the upgrade both as a US2 and a US1. And during "peak business travel" times.
Yes, I'm US2, about to become a US1 later this week . As mentioned, I'm 1 for 18 this year...even requesting the upgrade after the reservation is made. (I have to admit, I normally book somewhere around 7 days before departure). Even so....I call the Gold number, get Alan....am told that I have been placed on the list...then end up in seat 17C !
Lets see how it works as a US1.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by phillygold
Yes, I'm US2, about to become a US1 later this week . As mentioned, I'm 1 for 18 this year...even requesting the upgrade after the reservation is made. (I have to admit, I normally book somewhere around 7 days before departure). Even so....I call the Gold number, get Alan....am told that I have been placed on the list...then end up in seat 17C !
Lets see how it works as a US1.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Chairman's!!

We'll see how long it lasts post-merger.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by phillygold
One more to add. Totally forget about PHL-ORD. Flights are on 733's...and are impossible (virtually) to upgrade. I'm on this route at least 2x per month. I'm batting 1 for 18 so far this year...
This flight as a pretty low first class fare (I think as low as like $599 + tax) plus there is likely more paid F travel making Asia-bound connections on UA. As UA's F cabins are F8 often people get put onto US for the PHL-ORD segement.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 7:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Originally Posted by BigLar
Rather than concentrating on miles, I get most of my elite statuses by segments.

For example, I almost took a job in Phoenix. That would mean, no matter what carrier I flew (except for Southwest) I'd be getting 4 segments/week. I would have no trouble getting 200 segments/year.

In fact, if I had taken that job, I would probably have split it between NW and US, winding up top tier elite on both airlines.

On a less dramatic note, my current commute would not possible generate enough EQMs to get to top tier. However, by booking multi-segment trips, I can easily get to Platinum.

Not sure if any carrier allows segment carryover, though.
I was in the same boat as BigLar. I managed to carry Chairman's Preferred on US and GOLD on NW for 2 years. All my status is gained by segments. It's kept me in the US1 club for 5 years now. I just hope they keep the carryover for a few more years.

Already at 100 segments for this year and I have travel booked on US until Christmas already.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
CO raising top tier to 100k for '06

Originally Posted by TomBascom
Top tier qualification requirements:

CO 75k
DL 75k

It would be different if there was a recipricol upgrade arrangement like NW & CO have.
CO has been talking about bringing out a new tier above their current Platinum status for the 2006 program year; such a tier would begin at 100k miles. But it appears their move is to do more than reward those that fly 100k+/year rather than penalize those that travel 75k-100k.

With that being said, I hope US awards CP status only to those on HP who meet the 100k threshold. By simpling bringing over HP "Platinums" as US "Golds" until they cross the 100k line, you're already gifting them access to tons of new routes/cities served.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
CO has been talking about bringing out a new tier above their current Platinum status for the 2006 program year; such a tier would begin at 100k miles. But it appears their move is to do more than reward those that fly 100k+/year rather than penalize those that travel 75k-100k.

With that being said, I hope US awards CP status only to those on HP who meet the 100k threshold. By simpling bringing over HP "Platinums" as US "Golds" until they cross the 100k line, you're already gifting them access to tons of new routes/cities served.
So just because we have access to other cities that I don't have to fly to that's a gift? I've managed (other than my last trip which was overseas) to fly HP exclusively. Just adding another city isn't a gift to anyone unless they can use that city. It surely wouldn't be fair to bring over HP plats who only have 75K-99K miles as "new" US golds when HP has never had any reason for us to fly beyond 75K. 75K got you plat status...100K got you plat status just the same as 75K (albeit you could "gift" someone to Silver status @ 75K then again at 100K). We had no rollover or any reason to put more miles into HP so if you didn't really have to you didn't need to fly 100K on HP. So there aren't going to be alot of 100K fliers or 120 Segment (as is being predicted as the segment cutoff) fliers on HP and you will end up ticking off alot of HP plats with that kind of move rather than giving them Chairmans for the 2006 year and then give them a year when they know they have to shoot for 100K or 120 segments.

Lance
Old Sep 5, 2005, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by SS255
Perhaps this is wishful thinking, but I wonder if they'll re-configure the F8 757's at the time they re-paint them?

I remember a CS rep telling me early last year that he had been informed that they were returning to F16, but that idea has been crushed here, and was proven wrong at Roachfest. HP's are F14, which would at least be a small improvement if US's 757s were reconfigured to match that.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Of course there has been a lot of speculation here on FT regarding comments made by CO brass at the CO DO back in April regarding some type of status above platinum. Any changes to the OP Elite program are still pretty speculative at this point...and nothing is official as far as I have heard. The only thing that seems certain is that the folks at CO OP are 'thinking about' something to reward those who fly significantly more than the current plat elite.

Now perhaps some have an 'inside source' or something at CO HDQ here in Houston or something...that would be another story.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 1:39 am

Programs: UA; Amtrak
Regarding one of my two orphaned AWA accounts. Boldface is mine.
America West Airlines
September 6, 2005

FlightFund & America West Club Merger Update
As you know, America West and US Airways are joining together to create the world’s largest low-fare, full service airline. One of the most important elements of our new airline will be the combination of the best features of each airline’s frequent flyer program and airport club network. We expect the merger to be finalized within a few weeks, and then you can begin to enjoy some of the initial rewards and services of the new airline.

The merger integration will take some time to complete, but we want you to know we will soon announce frequent flyer and airport club benefits for travel to begin this fall. These include:

-- Members of both Dividend Miles and FlightFund will be able to earn and redeem miles throughout our combined route network:
-- Miles and segments earned in 2005 will count towards either Dividend Miles Preferred or FlightFund Elite status
-- America West Club members will have access to airport clubs across the expanded network
-- A new club location will be opening at Los Angeles International Airport in the coming months

In the interim, we will continue to operate each frequent flyer program separately until we integrate accounts into the new US Airways Dividend Miles Program in 2006. In the future, active membership accounts and miles earned in both airlines’ programs will be combined into a single Dividend Miles account.

If you need to fly to a destination in the next few weeks that America West does not serve, we encourage you to purchase tickets on US Airways at usairways.com. You can accrue miles in Dividend Miles, and earn even more mileage credit towards the future, now. Again, the miles you earn in either program will be ultimately combined, so start earning more and flying US Airways today. Enroll in Dividend Miles at

The new US Airways will offer amenities and benefits that will set us apart from other low-fare airlines. Your miles keep on growing and never expire in either program as long as you keep your account active. Other frequent flyer programs expire all of your award credits and start over at a zero balance within a year or two, whether you are loyal or not.

As always, we will keep you informed via e-mail and at americawest.com with complete frequent flyer, club and merger details. Thank you for your continued loyalty to America West and FlightFund. We look forward to serving you in the future as the new US Airways.

Sincerely,

H. Travis Christ
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
America West Airlines

All FlightFund and Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply.
(copious disclaimers snipped)
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:11 pm

Cool CPlatinum Civil War: Wah wah wah

Originally Posted by choster
Regarding one of my two orphaned AWA accounts. Boldface is mine.
(copious disclaimers snipped)
Thanks for copying that into the thread---interesting stuff. Some observations:

1. No reason for all the cranky-pants HP/US whining back and forth about who should get what status on the new airline. Fact is, if I'm competing with new US (ne'e HP) elites for upgrades on the routes I take--that's a GOOD thing. IMO. :-:

1a. In that spirit of rapprochement, goheels will gladly buy beers for any HP elites he sees on the road (or at our 9/30 meet in CLT!)

2. 120 segments for CP? Isn't Silver only 30, Gold only 60? Just another challenge for those of us relegated too often to RJ's and multiple segments (but paying as much in BlowFares as someone going transcon...sigh...though these days most of my extortion $$$ is going to DL b/c US forgot about that whole "middle of the country" area)

3. IMO, fourth tier is an insane proposition for an airline focused on being a LCC.

4. 6689. Extend a similar (but maybe even easier) offer to HP Plats in 4Q as their 'Olive Branch' to CP status.

5. 8675309. Make it the new 1-800 # for the new and improved CPlatinum desk.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 11:49 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Talking Hmmmmm

Originally Posted by goheelswks
Thanks for copying that into the thread---interesting stuff. Some observations:

5. 8675309. Make it the new 1-800 # for the new and improved CPlatinum desk.
Hmmm for a Good time call??? Ask for Jenny??? (Retro US AIRWAYS- 80s)
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by goheelswks
2. 120 segments for CP? Isn't Silver only 30, Gold only 60? Just another challenge for those of us relegated too often to RJ's and multiple segments (but paying as much in BlowFares as someone going transcon...sigh...though these days most of my extortion $$$ is going to DL b/c US forgot about that whole "middle of the country" area)

3. IMO, fourth tier is an insane proposition for an airline focused on being a LCC.

4. 6689. Extend a similar (but maybe even easier) offer to HP Plats in 4Q as their 'Olive Branch' to CP status.
2. Well Silver is 30, Gold is 60, Plat is 90 and the new Chairmans would be 120. Only sounds logical...30 segments between each tier.

3. I don't think it's insane but it's alot of miles. I believe they have the route network to support it and I know more than a few HP people that did it on HP so it's certainly doable.

4. I'm not sure how many took advantage of 6689 but that could be alot of artificial CPs coming over that would bump alot of Plats out of their upgrade possibilities. Why not just "give" us top tier status and let the rolling 12 months mileage sort us all out for upgrades.

Lance
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:41 am

Programs: US CP, HP Platinum,UA nobody
Nothing has been said here about current CP's who only do 75-99K miles this year. If HP platinums in this range get CP, then they would have to give a reprive to CP's with the same milage range. A fourth tier is needed to be fair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.