Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where Were You And How Did You First Hear Of The Merger?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2005, 8:59 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
First I heard of it becoming official, I was sitting in my office and heard it on WFAE quoting an AP report around 5:30 on announcement day. Then logged on to hear the merger announcement from Lakefield and Parker. Truly an interesting day.
Old May 22, 2005, 12:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
OK, I'll go for the most unlikely place award. Lijiang, China, on a 19.2 modem connection after 3 days of trying to connect, while scanning 700 unread e-mail headers.

Finally some real reasons for optimism for many employees, even though there will be layoffs.
Old May 22, 2005, 10:47 am

Programs: USAirways CP
CNN World Edition. I was in Queenstown, New Zealand when the announcement was made. It was interesting to see the merger make the headlines in the business section of Queenstown's Daily newspaper (due to Air New Zealand's membership in *A).
Old May 22, 2005, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by phlwookie
OK, I'll go for the most unlikely place award. Lijiang, China, on a 19.2 modem connection after 3 days of trying to connect, while scanning 700 unread e-mail headers.

Finally some real reasons for optimism for many employees, even though there will be layoffs.
Game over...you definitely win this one!
Old May 22, 2005, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Talking In China on FT CNBC

At home in China watching CNBC and of Course Reading FT!!!!
-UFFA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.