Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/US Dual Status....

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2005, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
UA/US Dual Status....

Now that I've made PremierExecutive (eg US2) on UA, I'm wondering about upgrades. As a US3, I'm bottom of the barrel on US. With my new UA status, I'd jump to the group of US2's when competing for upgrades but would have to buy 500 milers, if I understand correctly.

Is it possible to use UA status for priority but US status for "payment" on upgrades? (or will this be as seemingly impossible as my UAX-to-US 35 minute connection this afternoon at LAX? which I made, btw )
Old May 11, 2005, 12:50 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
NO you cant
Old May 11, 2005, 1:34 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I am a US silver and a UA Premier. Do you think if I showed both membership cards they would allow me to check an extra bag for free like Gold members get to? I still think its stupid they dont allow paying first class customers to check an extra bag.
Old May 11, 2005, 4:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Ive shown them my 1K card and my CP card. They typically laugh, in a friendly way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.