Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

Two people on same PNR, will computer upgrade one if there is only one seat available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two people on same PNR, will computer upgrade one if there is only one seat available

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2005, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Title says it all.

Thanks.
Old May 9, 2005, 5:45 pm

I have been told that the computer will not automatically upgrade at the 7 day window when two are on the PNR and only one seat is available, and my experiences with this situation seem to verify this. I often fly with my husband (he's gold so the PNR goes under my CP status) and we've never had one of us upgraded without the other via the computer.

However, they will upgrade just one at the gate - if you have a preference for taking the one upgrade or bypassing the upgrade if you can't both be upgraded, let the agent at the gate know this. We have found that some agents will automatically upgrade one if a seat is available and others will not upgrade either if only one seat is available (moving along to the next person on the list). Save yourself the surprise and chat with the agent when you get to your gate. Upgrading two on the 757 is usually our biggest challenge.
Old May 9, 2005, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Great, thanks for the info. I'm flying PHL-LAS next Sunday and this morning the flight was showing F3 P0. Now it's showing F2 P0. I'm thinking I should call US and have us separated so I can possibly get upgraded by myself (full flight and we're not sitting together anyway).
Old May 9, 2005, 6:08 pm

Best of luck with the upgrade. I fly to LAS every six weeks and have only been upgraded once since they reconfigured the 757. (My flights usually show F0 the week before departure.) I usually go through CLT - maybe I need to reconsider my PHL boycott if the upgrade chance is higher from there.
Old May 12, 2005, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Now the PIT-LAS flight shows F5 P0 A1 so I'm thinking that both of us will get upgraded on the day of flight. It sure was nice when we could check E availability online.

Uh oh, I just realized that I typed PHL-LAS a few posts back. I am flying PIT-LAS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.