Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FLL SFO/LAX This fall

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2005, 6:15 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by us2
Both have a lot of potential when you figure in connections to UA heading to Asia and connections to the Caribbean on US for West Coast passengers. For many in South Florida, FLL is a far easier airport to use and there is plenty of FLL-LAX traffic to boot, though yields aren't always the greatest.

Agreed! Many transpacific flights depart LAX or SFO - and those of us in South Florida typically have to layover in the US to get to the west coast (except the AA flights and a few HP and DL flights to PHX or LAS).

Plus FLL serves the domestic needs of many MIA travellers. It's usually cheaper and much less hassle.
Old May 5, 2005, 8:12 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by dan1431
ROFLOL............i guess it would be the "blow" fare express.
Yeah, and if they used a 330 with its cargo capacity, they could be out of Ch. 11 in no time...
Old May 5, 2005, 10:08 am

Silly people, everyone knows that cargo comes in through MIA. DUH
Old May 5, 2005, 10:30 am

AA reduced LAX-FLL from 4 daily flights to 2 757's. When the route was started, both flights originated/terminated in SJU. Neither of the 2 flights continue now to SJU. One is at 7am the other is a red-eye. 22F/166Y

JetBlue has 1 current red-eye non-stop from LGB with 156 seats, down from 3 daily at one point. (Westbound is a morning)

Song has 1 red-eye flight with 199 seats. (Westbound is an evening)

So there are currently only 2 daily flights with FC, for a total of 44 daily FC seats and 687 daily coach seats, with only 44F/166Y seats available during daylight hours to FLL.

I think if US came in with the Airbus and offered a westbound flight around noon to pick up cruise traffic, and either an early morning or 10 am departure from LA they could do all right. Right off the bat they would beat the others by having power available at every seat. That doesn't seem like much, but at this point it's the little things like that which make the difference.

Last edited by phllax; May 5, 2005 at 6:14 pm
Old May 5, 2005, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum & D2, US SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by us2
For many in South Florida, FLL is a far easier airport to use
Yup, flying into T-4 on your international flight and having to transit to T-3 for your connecting US domestic leg is far easier --- Also, sitting in a line of 15 planes waiting to take off on FLL's only usable runway is also far easier.
Old May 5, 2005, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Miami_Flyer
Yup, flying into T-4 on your international flight and having to transit to T-3 for your connecting US domestic leg is far easier --- Also, sitting in a line of 15 planes waiting to take off on FLL's only usable runway is also far easier.
Not to brag but I have one of the best map minds I know of. Friends call me from their own hometowns (not mine) to ask for direcitons. Same goes for airport. MIA is the ONLY airport I have ever gotten lost in trying coming back from SJO connecting to PHL.
Old May 5, 2005, 8:40 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by dan1431
ROFLOL............i guess it would be the "blow" fare express.
I'd thought NYC-FLL was more of a "snowbird" route??
Old May 11, 2005, 6:27 pm

Programs: OnePass, GoldPoints Elite, ErrorPlan, Star Gold, United Premier Exec, Starwood Gold
New flights

You'll see Turks & Caicos & Tampa flights added out of FLL, as well as increased MCO/EYW frequencies in the fall, along with restoration of nonstops to BWI/EWR/BDL/SJU, etc

SFO will operate with 2 flights... one of which is a red-eye. outbound flights leave at 10ish and the other at 7pm, using Airbii... SFO will mainly focus on UAX connections as well as the regrowth of the FLL Carib ops.

POS, BZE, STT, AUA, and SXM are rumored new routes... although I'm not sure if they will be flown by US metal or the EMB170s (we're still hearing rumors of a Mid-Atlantic crew base in FLL).
Old May 11, 2005, 10:16 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Or, you can sit on I-95 in a traffic jam at rush hour. I was speaking to the fact that for many in South Florida, FLL is far easier to get to. I'd rather wait in the queue for 9L than sit on I-95 for an hour heading to MIA because of a wreck or general congestion. If you live in Kendall, you're headed to MIA. If you're in Boca or even parts of North Dade, FLL is a better alternative.
Old May 11, 2005, 11:35 pm

Oh yeah because MIA is so great. Let me tell you that place is the truly the land of people who don't have a clue about anything. And FLL has 2 useable runways. If you lived up in these parts you would know that They have been using 2 for the last few months. Yeah one is visual but so what who cares.
Old May 11, 2005, 11:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by choster
PVD, EWR, etc. I can understand but as with sxf24 I don't understand what market exactly they are chasing on LAX-FLL. Cocaine?...
A flight you'll be delighted to line up for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.