Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A small victory, but someone is listening

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2005, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

A small victory, but someone is listening

In August, 2003, I posted the following on usaviation.com about UM's. (my post and a verifiable source, so within FTs TOS)

Posted on: Aug 7 2003, 07:49 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Founders Club
Member No.: 102

Some impressive ideas throughout this thread. A recap, in case someone from CCY is paying attention.

1. UMs and WC/assistance adults should not be on the last flight of the day.
2. Originating location may be given authority to deny boarding in case of severe irreg ops. (Delays greater than 2 or 3 hours?)
3. UMs over a certain age must have in their possession one or more of the following; cell phone, phone card, credit card.
4. UMs guardians must provide active emergency phone numbers.
5. Different rules for non-stop vs. connections

Today, on a link from the usairways.com home page was this: http://www.usairways.com/customers/t...nors/index.htm

Some things just take time, I suppose.
Old May 1, 2005, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Oh, yeah. I just noticed that Skyler the Airedale has opposable thumbs. I wonder if they'll assign him to throw bags at DCA in his downtime.

I'm just kidding. The SIDA requirements would be real messy.
Old May 1, 2005, 6:50 pm

Most of those things have been in affect for UM's for quite some time. I know that they haven't been allowed to travel on the last connection of the day for a long time, and you always have to leave a phone number that you can be contacted at. The only one I haven't seen is the cell phone requirement for a UM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.