Search

MidAtlantic Airways gets the Diamond Award from FAA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: US1
Thumbs up MidAtlantic Airways gets the Diamond Award from FAA

http://i-newswire.com/pr17702.html

MidAtlantic Airways, a division of US Airways, has received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) distinguished Diamond Certificate of Excellence Award for 2004, for its proactive role in aircraft maintenance training of its technical maintenance workforce. MidAtlantic also received the Diamond Award for 2003.

i-Newswire, 2005-04-29 - The Diamond Certificate is the highest of five award levels given by the FAA, and is based on the percentage of individual Aviation Maintenance Technicians that received aircraft maintenance training each calendar year. Nearly 90 percent of MidAtlantic’s Maintenance Technicians qualified for individual awards at one of the five levels, which are based on the hours of qualifying training each year.

Al Zito from the FAA’s Pittsburgh Flight Standards District Office presented the award, congratulating the MidAtlantic team on their hard work and professionalism. MidAtlantic has maintenance bases in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

US Airways is the nation’s seventh-largest airline, serving nearly 180 communities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and the
US Airways Express partner carriers operate approximately 3,500 flights per day. For more information on US Airways flight schedules and fares, visit US Airways online at usairways.com, or call US Airways Reservations at 1-800-428-4322.

Reporters needing additional information should contact US Airways Corporate Affairs at ( 703 ) 872-5100.

If you have questions regarding information in these press release contact the company listed below. Please do not contact us as we are unable to assist you with your inquiry. We disclaim any content contained in this press release.

Press Release Date
2005-04-29
Old Apr 29, 2005, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Nice to see them getting recognition in this area, as it helps operations and one could argue safety as well.

The only mech delays I've had on the Embraer 170's are computer problems, and they've always been fixed by a ~15 min reboot. Unfortunately, I've had a lot of them, including this morning in IAH.

I know they're 170 teething issues that US can't do a lot about without computer firmware upgrades, but they get old real fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.