Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mesa Sees US-HP as Workable and May Help Finance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Mesa Sees US-HP as Workable and May Help Finance

My favorite regional carrier, Mesa, (not really), may help finance US-HP deal. I might feel different if Trans-states was involved. (That has always been a professional regional IMHO.)-- I'd hate to see Mesa calling the shots. Hopefully HP's Parker if the deal goes through can minimize Mesa's influence.

See below article from today's Pitt Tribune:

Mesa may help merger of US Airways-America West

By The Tribune-Review
Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Mesa Air Group Inc., which gets about 75 percent of its revenue from America West Holdings Corp. and US Airways Group Inc., may help with financing if those two carriers complete merger plans, Mesa Chief Executive Jonathan Ornstein said Tuesday. "That's the kind of things we're discussing with them at this point," Ornstein said on a conference call with investors and analysts. "I have to be convinced more than anything else that it's a workable deal." America West and US Airways said last week that they were in talks that may link their flight networks to create a larger, national competitor. An agreement would have to provide financing for US Airways to exit bankruptcy protection. The airlines said there's no assurance the talks will produce an accord. Mesa, a Phoenix-based provider of regional flights for bigger airlines, is wary of investing in a combination that would provide continued work for its aircraft and "six months later we're right back in the thick of it, less a couple hundred million dollars," Ornstein said.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 2:22 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Duh, Mesa... considering you get a good chunk of your income from these two carriers, you should do everything to keep them around, especially HP!
Old Apr 27, 2005, 4:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
This is all part of the Ornstein, Bonderman (Texas Pacific) axis I menitioned in the possible sale thread last week. Ornstein is Bonderman's buddy. Bonderman, through his Texas Pacific, has a big stake in America West. Texas Pacific had the first deal to buy USAirways before RSA came in. These guys meet themselves coming and going. If it were a marriage instead of a merger, it would be illegal in most states.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by deelmakur
This is all part of the Ornstein, Bonderman (Texas Pacific) axis I menitioned in the possible sale thread last week. Ornstein is Bonderman's buddy. Bonderman, through his Texas Pacific, has a big stake in America West. Texas Pacific had the first deal to buy USAirways before RSA came in. These guys meet themselves coming and going. If it were a marriage instead of a merger, it would be illegal in most states.
ROTFL - I hope it works too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.