Wiki Posts
Search

Envoy companion upgrade certificates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Envoy companion upgrade certificates

Can the Chairman's Preferred Envoy companion upgrade certificates be used for a companion if I don't use my certificates at the same time?

I am planning a trip to Europe and would like to book an Envoy award ticket for me and a premium coach award for Mrs. NYCommuter and upgrade her ticket with the Chairman's Preferred Envoy companion upgrade certificates, which state that they must be presented with the certificates with my name on them. I'd like to then use my certificates for a flight I'm taking later this year. Will that work?

Thanks very much.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 1:26 pm

NY:

I'm pretty sure that you used to be able to use them for the companion even if you weren't using one yourself (an agent told me that last year when I asked), however the new certs I got this year specifically say that they must be presented as a pair with matching numbers. I checked last week because I have a similar situation coming up in a few weeks.

Regardless of that, I don't think you'd get by with using the cert on an award ticket. I may be wrong about that but it seems like something they wouldn't allow.

KIM
Old Apr 15, 2005, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by kimharp
NY:
however the new certs I got this year specifically say that they must be presented as a pair with matching numbers. I checked last week because I have a similar situation coming up in a few weeks.
KIM
I used the companion portion of my new DMUTAs this past December for Mrs. dukeman along with some older DMUTAs for myself. No problems, no funny looks or questions. I kept the DMUTAs in my name for later this year.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by dukeman
I used the companion portion of my new DMUTAs this past December for Mrs. dukeman along with some older DMUTAs for myself. No problems, no funny looks or questions. I kept the DMUTAs in my name for later this year.
Dukeman:Hmmm.....I'm currious when your new DMUTA was issued? The companion coupon I got in March has printed on it: "....may be used by a companion who is traveling with the member named on the attached certificate above....." and then: "void if presented without certificate number 1 037 etc..." I wonder if this is something new that the TA's just haven't figured out yet, or if they changed the language as recently as March? I guess you just have to read your coupon carefully to see if you have a new or old one.....
Old Apr 16, 2005, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by kimharp
Dukeman:Hmmm.....I'm currious when your new DMUTA was issued? The companion coupon I got in March has printed on it: "....may be used by a companion who is traveling with the member named on the attached certificate above....." and then: "void if presented without certificate number 1 037 etc..." I wonder if this is something new that the TA's just haven't figured out yet, or if they changed the language as recently as March? I guess you just have to read your coupon carefully to see if you have a new or old one.....
I received mine in November '04. I don't recall the exact verbiage on the coupon -- sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.