Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking on ual.com with Dividend Miles #

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Booking on ual.com with Dividend Miles #

Now that the LAX Club is closing, I have no reason to book US for my July travel, at a time when I expect the security line in Terminal 1 to be obscenely long. Aside from that, UA is over $100 cheaper at the times I plan to fly. When I log into ual.com, my Mileage Plus number automatically populates. Any hints on how I can book on ual.com with my DM#, so I can get assigned E+ without having to call?
Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
It's real simple. On the booking page, for FF number there is a drop down for airline. Select "US Airways" and simply enter your DM number. I do this all the time, and I am always automatically given an E+ seat and my status is shown on my UA BP.

You might have to log-in as guest to get this to work though.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Jumpgate

You might have to log-in as guest to get this to work though.
Ah, that would explain why, when I recently booked a ticket on UA.com, using my UA MP numbered account as a login, it didn't let me use my US number and get E+ seats..
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:38 pm
isi

Originally Posted by noah
Ah, that would explain why, when I recently booked a ticket on UA.com, using my UA MP numbered account as a login, it didn't let me use my US number and get E+ seats..
Funny, it seems so simple now. Would have saved me more phone calls than I want to think about. - 'Mirab, with sails unfurled.'
Old Mar 28, 2005, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
SS255 - the secret to getting E+ seats is not to choose a seat from the seatmap on united.com. The site won't recognize your US elite status if you pick a seat yourself, but it will automatically assign you an E+ seat based on said status. Go figure. If you want to change your seat assignment, you have to call UA's general reservation line at 1-800-241-6522 or 1-800-864-8331.

And if you're going to AVP, I'd highly recommend avoiding a connection through IAD because of the awful "G" terminal that Express flights leave from (search FT via Google for horror stories about IAD G). If I were you, I'd route through ORD instead, even if it means more time on an RJ.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
That's exactly what I did: I routed myself through ORD in both directions, and I did not choose my seats. The computer automatically assigned me E+ window, which I called to have switched to aisle.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.