Wiki Posts
Search

The Lipstick Is Gone – Part Deux - A Call to Action

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2005, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Lipstick is expensive

Who (what male) would have ever thought that a tube of lipstick could cost $6.00?

For the true roaches out there, they can be found for a $1.00 a tube at Dollar General. The selection is limited and there was no Black. Lot's of shades of red though.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I would further suggest that we coordinate our efforts in the following manner: Review our personal travel itineraries for the past six months and list every flight booked on another carrier or alternative method of transport used (Amtrak, car, pedal power). We should then create one spreadsheet detailing the routing, the cost of the ticket we purchased, which carrier we used, why we used them, our FF number and our status with US. A thousand or two here or there will not likely get the attention of senior management but my guess is that by pooling our numbers together will make a much louder statement.

I would be happy to coordinate this effort if everyone is interested --- ties in well with the MBA I'm working on.
A great idea. 80% of my flights and $'s have gone elsewhere so far this year. I'm doing mine in excel and forward to you this week.

Maybe you should start another thread and see what kind of response you get. And if possible post a formated spread sheet so the responses would be in a format that would be easy to tally. If you don't have a web site that we could pull it from maybe we could use the roach site to do it.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Mar 27, 2005 at 10:08 am
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Who (what male) would have ever thought that a tube of lipstick could cost $6.00?

For the true roaches out there, they can be found for a $1.00 a tube at Dollar General. The selection is limited and there was no Black. Lot's of shades of red though.

Clearly you don't know "Sweet Thing" nothing less than the $15.95 tubes from Lancome. But hey she's a redhead, and if you have one in your life then enough said. If not ask someone who does!

Dollar General does have a significant quantity of lipsticks. I suggest a nice "Bimbo Red" as I think it helps convey another message to management. Afterall we KNOW what kind of Lady wears the bright red colors don't we?? Nod nod wink wink.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:23 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by PineyBob
Dollar General does have a significant quantity of lipsticks. I suggest a nice "Bimbo Red" as I think it helps convey another message to management. Afterall we KNOW what kind of Lady wears the bright red colors don't we?? Nod nod wink wink.
And for those who really want to send a message on the cheap... Look what I found on Ebay... A lot of 300 lipsticks shipped for less then 30 cents a tube. 72 of them are of the "Wet and Wild" type (whatever that means?). There are 20 different colors, so we could make sure Al and the others get a shade that matches their complexion.

Anyone want to go in on the lot with me?
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:29 am

I must say that you guys are really entertaining me with your discussions about the different lipstick options. Do your wives know about this?
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:33 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Originally Posted by Alysia
I must say that you guys are really entertaining me with your discussions about the different lipstick options. Do your wives know about this?
Don't forget... PineyBob is an expert as he has to have something that matches that prom dress of his.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
Don't forget... PineyBob is an expert as he has to have something that matches that prom dress of his.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Old Mar 28, 2005, 10:17 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Today I gathered a few tubes of lipstick, some used up, some new, from classmates (ironically enough, in Consumer Behavior class where we are discussing brand loyalty and purchasing decisions).

Mine are going in the mail by Wednesday to a few executives. I hope that we all pull together for a big response here.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:20 pm

I know!! My little Cockroach legs are all a twitter. Antenae just tingling all over! Ain't life grand. All this and Dividend Miles too!

You know maybe if we send them enough lipstick they can put the PSA era "Smiles" back on the planes. Just a thought.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I think PineyBob is on to something here. I've started using AA transcon and am doing so at the expense of US who was getting my business (FLL-LAX). While the lipstick idea is clever and may well get us a little media exposure, I think that sending the receipts (along with a tube of Avon Jungle Red lasts-all-day lipgloss) is the way to go.

I would further suggest that we coordinate our efforts in the following manner: Review our personal travel itineraries for the past six months and list every flight booked on another carrier or alternative method of transport used (Amtrak, car, pedal power). We should then create one spreadsheet detailing the routing, the cost of the ticket we purchased, which carrier we used, why we used them, our FF number and our status with US. A thousand or two here or there will not likely get the attention of senior management but my guess is that by pooling our numbers together will make a much louder statement.

I would be happy to coordinate this effort if everyone is interested --- ties in well with the MBA I'm working on.
SOBE ER DOC - You got PM!!!
Old Mar 28, 2005, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by PineyBob
I know!! My little Cockroach legs are all a twitter. Antenae just tingling all over! Ain't life grand. All this and Dividend Miles too!

You know maybe if we send them enough lipstick they can put the PSA era "Smiles" back on the planes. Just a thought.
The sad thing is PB, the smile should have never gone away. It sure didn't on the people!
Old Mar 28, 2005, 3:46 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
72 of them are of the "Wet and Wild" type (whatever that means?).
Anyone want to go in on the lot with me?
Good LORD ! ! ! 72 of ANYTHING that's WET & WILD has got to be really out of hand!!! I can see 2 or 3, but 72?!?!

Owwww!
Old Mar 28, 2005, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K; US 50K
A different tact

It seems everyone wants to be a LCC. However, UA is trying to buck the trend.

Take the following examples:

- Whereas the JFK-SFO and JFK-LAX first class fare wars resulted in tons of lost money, everyone but UA is retreating from a F product. UA created their Personal Service (PS) 757 product with a true overseas quality F, C, and all E+ Y product. Resulting a consistantly sold out product (not sure if it's profitable).

- Whereas US and others have reduce the F experience to plastic cups and day-old cold sandwitches, UA returned to full service, hot meals.

- Althought AA and UA both tried to increase leg room, only UA kept their E+ seats.

US is in bankrupcy and needs to try to do things to turn itself around. I wish they had gone the high road - not the low road with the rest of the masses. Only time will tell if UA is successful.

US has too much overhead, too many different aircraft, too much to be a true low cost carrier. The trend is to make domestic all coach - all the time - and they will be there. All the clubs will close, F taken away, meals taken, etc... The one current strategic asset they have is the overseas routes. Even in a time of contraction, I applaud their attempts to expand overseas (as failed as FFL might have been).

If they are going to go this route, get out of Star Alliance and be a big fish in a small pond. Give up on PHL except as a feeder for Southwest flights feeding your int'l. Hook up with the EU LCCs.

Oh, well. Life is short. Maybe one more Roach Fest to air ideas. Sorry I missed the first one.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 5:55 am
Original Poster

USA Today is having a web chat today about airlines. Anyboody want to join in?

http://cgi1.usatoday.com/mchat/20050329003/tscript.htm
Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:08 am

I sent my 6 tubes of various shades to the folks in CCY. Did not do the BOD - figure it would never get to them.

Hit a flea market and got 6 tubes for $2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.