Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lipstick Is Gone – Part Deux - A Call to Action

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2005, 6:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by gardener
Brings to mind the joke I heard the other day: "What is the difference between a pizza and a US Airways pilot? A pizza can feed a family of four."
I had an awesome Captain on my LGA-MSY flight yesterday. I passed out some chocolates and my FFOCUS cards, chatted with the guys in the cockpit a bit...as I was heading back to my seat the Captain said "Thank you...and my kids thank you." And he meant it.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
You guys and girls wouldn't believe the number of emails from employees. They love the idea. My guess is CCY is going to be getting a lot of lipstick over the next couple of weeks, and alot of it from the employees themselves.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:01 am
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
Don't send too many. They'll start reselling them onboard.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by deelmakur
So enlighten us Deel, what color are you sending so I don't send the same shade?
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:12 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by deelmakur
Will they be complimentary in F?
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: US Airways (*A) Gold, United, Priority Club Platinum, Starwood Preferred, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by gardener
Brings to mind the joke I heard the other day: "What is the difference between a pizza and a US Airways pilot? A pizza can feed a family of four."
Yeah, you have to admire how they struggle to feed their families on $ 128K a year. I am all for paying them even more - never want the guy driving my bus to be unhappy but to have pilots of all the US employees complain about their pay is silly. Understand the ground crew and FA not being happy but not the pilots or mechanics.

For reference: http://airlineforecasts.com/USAIrbythenumbers.html
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: US Airways (*A) Gold, United, Priority Club Platinum, Starwood Preferred, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Gold
Lipstick, Chocolates & FFOCUS cards?

And to think that US went though all of the effort to reduce cost and put in place a transformation plan and here we learn that all is needed is Lipstick, Chocolates & FFOCUS cards!

I try not to (honestly I really do) but I love you guys. You are truly the dumb airhead blonds of the FF community and who can not love you! Keep up good works guys. It has been maybe a week or two, can we not have yet another FFOCUS press release. Kind of feeling lost without them

Disclaimer - the term "dumb airhead blonds" was used as a literary device only and no insult or disrespect was meant to any blonds (dumb, airhead or otherwise).
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:39 am

[QUOTE=phillyd2]And to think that US went though all of the effort to reduce cost and put in place a transformation plan [QUOTE]

Elements of which were discussed with myself and another Cockroach in CCY december 2003. I don't mind the insults phillyd2 but I mind them even less if you actually had one tiny clue as to what you were talking about.

See I was there along with BBB, BB & 4 other Airways executives. YOU were NOT! You would be very surprised the number of items on our slides that ended up in the plan. Not saying it was anything more than customers and management arriving at the same conclusion. What I am saying is that the similarities were striking. So were the differences.

BTW my hair is grey not blonde. Can't help wondering which way you do your combover, to the left or right? Sounds like a case of hair envy to me.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 11:16 am
Suspended

Glad to see you are above insults (thick brown, thank you). As to what I know, everything I post is just my humble opinion. Sorry but I simply do not believe that sending lipstick or handing our candy makes a damn bit of difference. I, for one, prefer to rely on free market concepts instead of feel good and meaningless fluff. As said many times before, saying you care is not the same as caring.

True that I was not at any "PR stunt" meeting. Just for the record, exactly what concrete suggestions from your esteem group of groupies did US adopt? I don’t know the details because as we discussed many months ago, your Fan Club did not post the details of your love fest in this Forum, despite the fact that you use our numbers so you can see your name in the paper.

Seems to me (based on the many posts by others here) that US has actually increased its down hill dive since your meeting and the start of your little group. Hmmm? Maybe this trend can be reversed by disbanding your band of Twinkies or at the very least, stop saying that you speak for us. BTW, How about you post a list of all of your members since I'm sure you have nothing to hide?

As we have seen how you reply to past posts (i.e.: ignoring the main points and answering questions about your hair) let me review my specific questions:

1. Which one of your suggestions did US adopt?
2. When will you finally post the results of your meeting in this open forum for all to see?
3. Will you post the member list of group?
4. Will you finally stop claiming that you represent us US Frequent Flyers?
Old Mar 26, 2005, 11:41 am

1. Which one of your suggestions did US adopt? If you were a member you'd know that but you aren't, such is life. We are not legally, morally or ethicaly bound to share any information here because you desire it. There is a very simple and easy way to access the information. See question #2 for the answer.

2. When will you finally post the results of your meeting in this open forum for all to see? You can do a search of all of the threads from that time. You're a free market guy! Don't have me do your work for you. If you're interested do it yourself. There is a great deal of information available regarding what happened on both August 7th 2004 and on Dec 19th, 2003. Find it the way everyone else does. LOOK FOR IT!

3. Will you post the member list of group? The same day you post your 1040 on this forum! Or the same day you post your customer list on here. Dumb really dumb!

4. Will you finally stop claiming that you represent us US Frequent FlyersNever! We represent several HUNDRED Frequent Flyers. Never said we represent all or even a large percentage. You being a free market type and me being a registered Libertarian agree that the free market is the ultimate decision maker here. Not US, Not FFOCUS. If you are a true lover of freedom & Liberty than you know there no more fundamental liberty then for men and women of goodwill to band together to promote a common interest or cause they feel has meaning to them. whether is does to anyone else is immaterial.

So phillyd2 given that this is indeed a free market as board chair I am free to decide if I want to send you the information or not. And I am exercising my freedom to DECLINE your request. Besides why would you want to hear from the "dumb airhead blonds of the FF community"?
Old Mar 26, 2005, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Ok you two. This thread was not started to turn in to a ***** session. You have made your points. Move on. My next request will be to to a moderator to delete your post.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 2:41 pm
Suspended

A simple: None, Never, No, Who us? Would have done.

Request away while I remember to send you a Mother's Day card I was just asking some questions which seem to hit a nerve. Hence the stonewalling. But my point is made and my work is done here

Happy Easter to all!
Old Mar 26, 2005, 3:05 pm

Let's try to keep on the original topic!

Posts that stray from the topic will be removed per the FlyerTalk TOS.

Thanks!
Chris
US Airways Moderator
Old Mar 26, 2005, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Lightbulb Money Talks

Originally Posted by PineyBob
Would you please take your recipts, boarding passes (if you still have them and fax them to US Consumer Affairs along with a note explaining your specific reasons for not doing business with US Airways.

Same goes for everyone. When you select another carrier let the rocket scientists at CCY know and be vocal as to why.

I think PineyBob is on to something here. I've started using AA transcon and am doing so at the expense of US who was getting my business (FLL-LAX). While the lipstick idea is clever and may well get us a little media exposure, I think that sending the receipts (along with a tube of Avon Jungle Red lasts-all-day lipgloss) is the way to go.

I would further suggest that we coordinate our efforts in the following manner: Review our personal travel itineraries for the past six months and list every flight booked on another carrier or alternative method of transport used (Amtrak, car, pedal power). We should then create one spreadsheet detailing the routing, the cost of the ticket we purchased, which carrier we used, why we used them, our FF number and our status with US. A thousand or two here or there will not likely get the attention of senior management but my guess is that by pooling our numbers together will make a much louder statement.

I would be happy to coordinate this effort if everyone is interested --- ties in well with the MBA I'm working on.

Last edited by SOBE ER DOC; Mar 26, 2005 at 8:13 pm
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
You might want to point the attention of Scott McCartney from the WSJ to your campaign. Scott is quite influental in this industry, as he's writing the Journal's airline column. (I guess he has probably already found this thread anyway, because a few weeks ago, his column referred to one of my FT threads about US.)

Anyway, you can email him at [email protected].
Another journalist who might be interested is Keith Alexander of the Washington Post; he provides fair and accuate coverage of US Airways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.