Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Gold and US CLUB

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2005, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Star Gold and US CLUB

I am Star Gold on LH and AC - will this permit me to enter the US Club when travelling on US domestically ? UA allows me in , just not sure if US Club agents are used to this !
Old Mar 21, 2005, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
I am Star Gold on LH and AC - will this permit me to enter the US Club when travelling on US domestically ? UA allows me in , just not sure if US Club agents are used to this !
No, you need to be on a same day international itinerary. Domestic travel within the US and to/from Canada and the Caribbean doesn't count, last time I checked.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 6:59 pm

My status is on US, so I have no first-hand experience here, but as someone with *Gold status on AC and LH (rather than US or UA), you should indeed have access to US Clubs even if you are traveling domestically. It doesn't seem fair that US and UA don't extend this same benefit to their own elites, but they wouldn't sell very many club memberships if they did.

From the Star Alliance webpage:
Star Alliance Gold card holders and one guest, have access to any lounge that is identified with a Star Alliance Gold lounge sign when departing on a Star Alliance flight. Note: United Airlines' Premier Executive and Premier Executive 1K customers and US Airways' Chairman Preferred and Gold Preferred customers have access to U.S. domestic United Red Carpet Club and US Airways Club locations only when they present a ticket or boarding pass for a same-day international flight.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:08 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
In my experience, the US agents are trained on lounge access for LH card holders and I presume other *G. A domestic ticket is fine.

Charles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.