Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has Transcon F Meal Service Improved this week?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2005, 7:26 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Domestic UA F and domestic US F are in two totally different leagues. If you're buying F, buy UA. Only a fool would buy a US F ticket.
Well, I think first it depends on his route--from where to where?

I think the only thing superior on UA is their food service. Accordingly, if he's taking a transcon at dinner time and counting on the airline meal for his dinner, then UA all the way!

That said, I find the service more friendly and attentive on US, I sense (with no science behind it) more room on US Airbi than UA in FC, and if he wants to do work, you can only count on US for Empower in every seat on Airbi.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 9:11 am

Route was IAD to SAN for UA or DCA to SAN via PHL or CLT and it did include dinner which I was relying upon because my schedule was tight. UA service was comparable to US but I don't have much experience with UA so Im not really in the position to make comparisons. I do agree however that there seems to be more room in first on US in the Airbus versus UA (at least in bulkhead anyway).

Last edited by zeke320; Mar 22, 2005 at 9:14 am
Old Mar 22, 2005, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by zeke320
Route was IAD to SAN for UA or DCA to SAN via PHL or CLT and it did include dinner which I was relying upon because my schedule was tight.
Are you nuts? A direct flight with a hot meal. What's your question? UA, my friend, UA!
Old Mar 22, 2005, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Are you nuts? A direct flight with a hot meal. What's your question? UA, my friend, UA!
Meal aside -- the true FTer will take a connection for the miles. Afterall it is about the miles and points right?
Old Mar 22, 2005, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Thanks for reminding everyone Envoy...UA still serves hot nuts!
Old Mar 22, 2005, 4:24 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
I'm on US525 PHL-SFO right now, and we got the "box"... choice of ham and cheese sandwich or salad with ranch dressing. FAs handed it out right after we took off.

It's an ok snack, and I'll hit up In-N-Out when we land.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by shell nyc
Thanks for reminding everyone Envoy...UA still serves hot nuts!
So does AA...and I've found their nuts to be warmer than UA's.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by dukeman
Meal aside -- the true FTer will take a connection for the miles. Afterall it is about the miles and points right?
I should be honest, the meal was a perk, it was the extra $400 for US that put me on UA as the business travel policy would not permit this amount of extra expenditure for flying a preferred carrier (usually anything within $100 goes unchecked but I did not want to chance this one).
Old Mar 23, 2005, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
So does AA...and I've found their nuts to be warmer than UA's.

if you like soy nuts
Old Mar 23, 2005, 3:51 pm

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by markbach
I'm on US525 PHL-SFO right now, and we got the "box"... choice of ham and cheese sandwich or salad with ranch dressing. FAs handed it out right after we took off.

It's an ok snack, and I'll hit up In-N-Out when we land.
I was on US 17 PHL-LAX yesterday. 7:45 AM flight....choice of a sandwich or a muffin...for breakfast in FC. The seatback artwork was very inspired however....
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
So it's been a couple weeks since we've visited the subject. Any reduction in the IFC in FC?
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
PIT to PHX today

This months choice is basically anItalian Hoagie and a salad with chicken again. I do like the chicken salads that I had last month but I'm not a fan of bleu cheese that I saw on the salad today. The hoagie was fine but lord that bread is too thick. I even have a "big mouth" and find it difficult to eat that much bread.

LOL
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by trvlr64
This months choice is basically anItalian Hoagie and a salad with chicken again. I do like the chicken salads that I had last month but I'm not a fan of bleu cheese that I saw on the salad today. The hoagie was fine but lord that bread is too thick. I even have a "big mouth" and find it difficult to eat that much bread.

LOL
IFC box I'm assuming?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:02 am

I had a GREAT first class meal on the way to ATL yesterday. A nice Fruit Salad and half of a Chicken Wrap!

It was in a Bag. I bought it at Cibo on concourse B in PHL, I also brought along a nice thick napkin. US Airways was nice enough to provide the seat, drinks & Snack.

Long live the snack basket!

Face facts guys! ALPO is US Airways caterer of choice these days.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by PineyBob

Face facts guys! ALPO is US Airways caterer of choice these days.
I'm as disappointed as the next guy about the lack of true FC service on US, including hot entrees, but I don't think ALPO is a fair comment whatsoever. Although I've never chosen the sandwich (and, ergo, can't comment on the bread issue of the earlier post), I find the salads to be quite tasty, better than what they'd been serving for transcon lunch salads the last year, both in quality and quantity.

Paper and plastic make the experience tacky and cheap, but it doesn't mean the food is bad. Let's not confuse the issues.

Last edited by EnvoyBoy; Apr 4, 2005 at 8:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.