Search

Reporting: Loads in Envoy / Upgrade clearing reports

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:59 pm

Programs: US SP
1. FRA - CLT (- LAX) 10/13
2. GP
3. T
4. Check-In (I'll put you on the list and it will clear at the gate... Oh, you're GP. I'll upgrade you here.)
5. Transatlantic Space Available DS0087
6. 10 Envoy seats open and 100% full in Y

1. (LAX -) CLT - FRA 10/18
2. GP
3. T
4. Gate
5. Transatlantic Space Available DS0087
6. 8 in Envoy seats open and nearly full in Y
7. arrived in Frankfurt 32 min early and got a Shower Card for the Sheraton
Old Oct 19, 2005, 7:36 pm

Klaus:
Sorry to digress, but you mentioned a "shower card" from the Sheraton. I assume you are talking about the Frankfurt Airport property. Is this something you purchased from hotel, or was it given to you as an Envoy customer. I have asked US about this but no one seems to know anything about it. Where did you get the card, and what type of access at hotel does it allow. (On my past layovers in FRA when making connections, I've been paying an expensive day rate for short stays at the Sheraton.) Thanks very much.

Last edited by RMC500; Oct 19, 2005 at 7:39 pm
Old Oct 20, 2005, 4:56 am

Programs: US SP
Originally Posted by RMC500
Klaus:
Sorry to digress, but you mentioned a "shower card" from the Sheraton. I assume you are talking about the Frankfurt Airport property. Is this something you purchased from hotel, or was it given to you as an Envoy customer. I have asked US about this but no one seems to know anything about it. Where did you get the card, and what type of access at hotel does it allow. (On my past layovers in FRA when making connections, I've been paying an expensive day rate for short stays at the Sheraton.) Thanks very much.

RMC500,
I got the "shower card" on board without asking as a Envoy customer. It says on the front.
Arrive in Europe Refreshed and Relaxed
To help start the new day refreshed and relaxed, Envoy Class customers are invited to the US Airways Arrivals Lounge. Showers, light breakfast items and telephones are available in most locations.

and list on the back Side:
Amsterdam: Hotel Mercure
Frankfurt: Sheraton Hotel
London: US Airways Envoy Class Arrivals Lounge
Manchester: Radisson SAS Hotel
Munich: Kempinski Airport Hotel
Paris: Salon Bleriot
Rome: Hilton Rome Airport

As fare as I remember, I got this one in January, but not in February and June this year.

I Hope, this will answers your questions
Old Oct 30, 2005, 4:29 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by geo1005
1. the route and date
2. your status
3. fare purchased
4. if/when your upgrade cleared
5. method of upgrade
6. the load when you actually flew (open envoy seats?)
7. any additional comments
1. LGW-PHL 29 Oct - Success! ^
2. Last flight as Silver ^
3. W
4. Cleared at check in
5. SA
6. About 14 empty seats - rear cabin plus around 2 in main
7. I've seen something new last 2 times I've flown (and was upgraded) - if there are a lot of open seats in Envoy, they ask everyone in the last 2 rows (a seperate "cabin") to move up to the main area to make it easier for the FAs to serve. At least I was asked to move forward end of Sept, this flight everyone may have been booked in the main area. I was in row 3 so I didn't see anyone move, but when I walked about later the rear cabin was curtained off and appeared empty save the resting pilot who did not take the usual row 5 seat.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 7:08 am

Programs: US CP
Any more clearing reports?
Old Nov 3, 2005, 8:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
I am 7 days from PHL-AMS, but still NO luck. Called CP dest at midnight, was told they actually had to wait til 1am Eastern to try. Called back at 2am Eastern, told there were 10 seats available, but I could not upgrade to them, because they were being held. I was a little unhappy with this.
She assured me it would go through, though probably day of departure.

I am using a DMUTA5 that came with the CP kit, and specifically bought a certain fare class to use it, ~$1100 all in. I just don't get it. It's like doing everything they ask, and then being told "oops, our bad, we didn't mention all of the contingencies and possible scenarios to you". It's one seat on a flight with 10 open, 7 days out. What am I missing here.

I have read of others having the CP desk call capacity control to free up a seat, but when I mentioned the possibility was told it's not an option for her to do that.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by liveon777
I am 7 days from PHL-AMS, but still NO luck. Called CP dest at midnight, was told they actually had to wait til 1am Eastern to try. Called back at 2am Eastern, told there were 10 seats available, but I could not upgrade to them, because they were being held. I was a little unhappy with this.
She assured me it would go through, though probably day of departure.

I am using a DMUTA5 that came with the CP kit, and specifically bought a certain fare class to use it, ~$1100 all in. I just don't get it. It's like doing everything they ask, and then being told "oops, our bad, we didn't mention all of the contingencies and possible scenarios to you". It's one seat on a flight with 10 open, 7 days out. What am I missing here.

I have read of others having the CP desk call capacity control to free up a seat, but when I mentioned the possibility was told it's not an option for her to do that.

Call back and talk to someone else. Many, inc myself, have had luck just by talking to someone else. Scary.

Cheers,

Mike
Old Nov 3, 2005, 12:08 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Call back at the 3 day mark and the CP desk will call inventory management and they usually are able to secure you a seat.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Sally4th
I've seen something new last 2 times I've flown (and was upgraded) - if there are a lot of open seats in Envoy, they ask everyone in the last 2 rows (a seperate "cabin") to move up to the main area to make it easier for the FAs to serve. At least I was asked to move forward end of Sept, this flight everyone may have been booked in the main area. I was in row 3 so I didn't see anyone move, but when I walked about later the rear cabin was curtained off and appeared empty save the resting pilot who did not take the usual row 5 seat.
It happened to me on my last trip. I checked in on my LH flight from PRG and was told my previously assigned seat in 7B for my US FRA/PHL flight has been changed to something like 3B. When I got to FRA, I asked the TA why my seat was changed. She explained it to me and then I asked if she could change my seat to Row 1. She said she would try and then presto, I got seat 1G on a A330 (BTW, it was an envoy award ticket).
Old Nov 3, 2005, 3:15 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Originally Posted by planeluvr
Call back at the 3 day mark and the CP desk will call inventory management and they usually are able to secure you a seat.
OK, I'll give it a shot at the 3 day window. FWIW, I called again this afternoon, spoke to a very nice CP Angel and heard the same reasoning: these seats are still being held for sale, and I may not know until I get to the gate in Philly. Guess that means I may not get to enjoy the Envoy Lounge there. But at least the flight may be a whole lot nicer than econ!

And, oh I forgot: THANKS for the help!

Last edited by liveon777; Nov 3, 2005 at 3:16 pm Reason: forgot to thank all for advice
Old Nov 3, 2005, 6:47 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Guess that means I may not get to enjoy the Envoy Lounge there.
As a *Gold you get access to the Envoy Lounge according to previous reports. I usually buy B fares so that I can confirm my CP upgrades at time of purchase or only use 10,000 miles.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
1. PHL-FRA 10/21
2. US2 (at the time)
3. W
4. Envoy Lounge about 90 mins prior to flight
5. TA cert
6. 27/41 in Envoy (166/269 total)
7. Great service - asked for a seat better than 7G at the gate while boarding and got 1F. Fast dinner - nice sleep. Given lounge access card on arrival - it gave you access to the UA RCC which has nice shower suites but a 90 mins wait. Since I had a 5 hour layover that was fine. Didn't need the card though - could have accessed the RCC with *G anyways.

1. FRA-CLT
2. US2 (at the time)
3. W
4. Gate as soon as it opened
5. TA cert
6. only a couple of Enovy seats open
7. Had three broken seats. Wrote in for compensation...no answer yet.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 5:38 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I was waitlisted to use miles to upgrade from PHL - LGW on Nov 2. Called the CP desk the day before to confirm upgrade - no luck due to the downgrade of aircraft from 330 to 767. However, at checkin, myself and my parents were upgraded to Envoy. Plane was full in coach and envoy.

For the return LGW - PHL on Nov 6, called the day before and was told that the route was still using the 767 and no upgrades beforehand. Again, was upgraded at checkin, again using miles. Envoy was full, coach had two empty seats.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 7:26 am

Yay! Cleared Monday morning for my Thursday flight PHL-AMS!!
Woo, and it was my birthday. Please, no presents, just more TA upgrades.

Which arrival lounge is worth a quick visit? The *A site shows a SQ Lounge, while the US Site highlights Sheraton Hotel and Hotel Mercure. I'm confused.
Don't plan on needing a shower or food, just a little time to decompress and check messages.

Last edited by liveon777; Nov 9, 2005 at 9:30 am Reason: added question
Old Nov 9, 2005, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Any ideas how long the 767 will be substituted for the 330? I'm leaving on Thanksgiving night and was hoping to have a chance to sit in Envoy on the way back on the 30th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.