Search

Question for DM members!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 12:23 pm
LAX
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond
Question for DM members!

Just out of curiosity, if US were to fold AND UA decides to pick up all DM members and their mileage balance, would you swear your allegiance to UA like you would to US? I certainly do not have any inside info on this. However, as a DM member with a substantial amount of miles, I certainly don't want them to go to waste if the inevitable does occur.

LAX
Old Dec 28, 2004, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
the old fashion way...

Originally Posted by LAX
Just out of curiosity, if US were to fold AND UA decides to pick up all DM members and their mileage balance, would you swear your allegiance to UA like you would to US? I certainly do not have any inside info on this. However, as a DM member with a substantial amount of miles, I certainly don't want them to go to waste if the inevitable does occur.

LAX
US continues to earn my loyalty with incredible front line people, convenient schedule to meet my needs, Airbus aircraft and the CP desk.

Should the demise of US come to be, I do not know where I'd go next. I've tried not to think about it! Certainly, if someone would match my status and transfer my miles, they'd get first stab at earning my allegiance.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 12:35 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If an airline picks up DM but choses not to fully honor my mileage balance they will earn no loyalty and no revenue -- I would go out of my way to avoid such an airline.

An airline which honors my miles has a great head start on earning my loyalty and capturing my revenue -- but they still need to earn it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.