Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

Earn 150% on full Y, 200% on First towards USAirways preferred in 2005

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus

http://www.usairways.com/dividendmil...promo_2005.htm

Beginning January 1, 2005 and continuing through December 31, 2005, Dividend Miles members will earn Preferred status faster when purchasing select, qualifying fare classes and traveling on US Airways, the US Airways Express carriers and US Airways Shuttle.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:10 am

Programs: US lowlife
These changes were made mid-2004 and look to have stuck through 2005 as well.

-JC
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
That is correct. Should have also pasted the headline

ACHIEVE NEW HEIGHTS EXTENDED THROUGH 2005
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:18 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Not to dampen anyone's slim hope of a miraculous US survival, but does the promotion matter any more? Who is going to fly US after last weekend's chaos? Not me! How much longer can one enjoy his/her hard-earned US elites' benefits when it liquidates?

LAX
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:29 am

Programs: US lowlife
Originally Posted by LAX
Not to dampen anyone's slim hope of a miraculous US survival, but does the promotion matter any more? Who is going to fly US after last weekend's chaos? Not me! How much longer can one enjoy his/her hard-earned US elites' benefits when it liquidates?

LAX
Please, take the negativity to another thread, there's plenty to choose from. For some, it does (and will continue to) matter.

-JC
Old Dec 27, 2004, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by LAX

LAX
I'll continue to fly them. I live in PHL and most other airlines would be a connection. UA would serve some of my transcon needs but the US airbus fleet is nicer and has empower in 100% of its seats and I've only missed one transcon upgrade since free upgrades started--and that includes my US2 days. The frequency of US flights also provides me more flexibility.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 1:47 pm

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
this brought up a question for me.

I'm trying to do a couple of segment mileage runs for NZ airpoints.

If I book an A class ticket and use some RJ's does it still show as first class
for those flights?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 1:50 pm

Without being negative: if US noes not survive, who is most likely to take over their frequent f program? UA?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
UA would be in one of the better positions, being a fellow Star Alliance carrier and having a complimentary schedule through much of North America.

As for who will or will not be flying US, one man's meat is another man's poison. If it doesn't work for you, that does not mean it doesn't work for others.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 2:05 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by best
Without being negative: if US noes not survive, who is most likely to take over their frequent f program? UA?
NOBODY WILL. NOBODY WILL. NOBODY WILL. The very sad reality is that US oddly finds itself in a position where its existence is very nearly irrelevant to both the industry and the general flying public. True, there are some unique markets and services that US provides, but precious few. In those cases, competing carriers would quickly fill gaps left.

I didn't see this one coming even 5 years ago, when times were rosier. However, I am convinced that if US tanks, our miles go with it.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 2:09 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by sbtinme
However, I am convinced that if US tanks, our miles go with it.
Maybe, but historically other airlines have swooped in and collected Frequent Flyers of failed carriers (Eastern and Pan Am being the most recent). Awarding complimentary status and matching some or all of the points is a cheap, good way to gain a lot of customers quickly.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 2:20 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by PHL
Maybe, but historically other airlines have swooped in and collected Frequent Flyers of failed carriers (Eastern and Pan Am being the most recent). Awarding complimentary status and matching some or all of the points is a cheap, good way to gain a lot of customers quickly.
That's absolutely true. But in EVERY case historically when other carriers "swooped" in it has been situations like AA's buying TW; or DL assuming vast portions of the PA network, etc. CO absorbed EA's One Pass program b/c it made great sense back then -- EA offered especially unique pax to the traditional CO grids of EWR/HOU and to a lesser extent, DEN. EA's strengths were in very different areas.

I cannot think of a single carrier domestically who is licking its chops over US's demise so that they can rush into a marketplace and take over. (With the possible exception of SWA into PHL, but not really.)

In short, I stand behind my statement. Legacy carriers have precious little cash on hand and to make an investment in US's pax base would seem nutty. The only thing I might concede would be an effort on the part of a carrier to consider assuming some of the US Elites.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 2:42 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
DL and CO are both anxious for US to fail. Their "business plans" are built around it happening. SW is merely poised to take maximum advantage if it does happen.

But could we please take it to another thread if we really must rehash it all over again?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by TomBascom
DL and CO are both anxious for US to fail. Their "business plans" are built around it happening. SW is merely poised to take maximum advantage if it does happen.
Right on, Tom. The only clarification I would offer is that neither DL nor CO is licking their chops over the possibility of US's demise. They are very much planning on it so that their own networks might have some hope of becoming sustainable once again.

There is a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.