Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

taking a genius pill would only upgrade to mere incompetence

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

taking a genius pill would only upgrade to mere incompetence

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

No offense, JaxPax

Originally Posted by JAXPax
Since you fly so many miles a year, that must make you an expert on airline operations, huh?

Frequently at European airports aircraft must "depart" to join the queue for their slot. Having the door shut and being ready to go is a qualification. Holding for you just a few minutes could have delayed them even further.

You missed your flight. You ended up getting to your destination ninety minutes later and in the class of service you were ticketed. What's the big deal? You're clearly still alive to tell the tale. Get over yourself.

You don't know what the agents knew. You don't know why the airplane sat there. Why reopen the door for just one passenger? Do you understand how much paperwork that causes?

But I do know significantly more about it than you, regardless of your self-professed importance. I have worked at two airlines that are vastly more successful than US, so in fact I do know airline operations.

The point is not that they didn't open the door (although they should have), but that they closed it in the first place - when they knew I was coming, would be there before the flight was scheduled to depart (and long before it actually departed), and yes, that I was a CP.

I gave the LH example of leaving the doors open because they knew they wouldn't get an earlier slot out (and somehow I might imagine that LH has more pull in FRA than US, but I don't know), and thus left the doors open.

And I do know why they sat there, because I had already experienced the runway closure on my way in, that's why I was late originally.

If adding people to the paperwork is such a problem, maybe they should just fly empty or cancel the flights - oh wait, isn't that what they are doing now? I guess you're in charge of the airline now, huh? And if another metric they measure is closing the door early (which it isn't, but who's arguing?), why not close it 2 hours early and get a gold star instead of the check mark for closing it 10 minutes early when you still have pax on the way? After all, we are in business to get check marks, not carry pax, right?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 3:24 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by no upgrade for u
But I do know significantly more about it than you, regardless of your self-professed importance. I have worked at two airlines that are vastly more successful than US, so in fact I do know airline operations.
Are they mind readers? Do they really know you're going to be there? Somebody call ahead and tell them as such?

Obviously your time at the airlines didn't teach you much. Messing up a flight's departure on account of just one person, CP or not, when they can easily be otherwise accommodated is bad operations, plain and simple.

Who I feel the sorriest for is the poor folks who had to sit next to you in your middle seat on Lufthansa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.