Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgraded from first

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2006, 8:18 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
AA does this frequently with YUPs during irregular ops, or if they blow a connection. No compensation, no nothing. It's not just US that does this, but pretty much everyone.

It absolutely is WRONG, because if you price "discounted/restricted F" on the website, you get an A/YUP/QUP, etc. Bad, bad business.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 8:26 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Thanks for the advice. Earlier today- between check-in and the time I called- even my coach seat vanished. Now it is fixed- took 3 calls to the CP desk.

What happened was that I bought the ticket through a travel agency, and I was upgraded when I called the CP desk, before the ticketing was final. Thus the upgraded fare code wasn't allowed by my travel agency and its computer apparently kicked me back to coach. I have no idea how I even lost my coach seat, but now it is fixed. Lesson learned- do NOT upgrade on a business trip ticket until the ticket has been issued.
Odd. Only because on my particular corporate engine (saabre hooked, somehow) US (and specifically the CP desk whence I was still CP) could not upgrade me or provide upgraded seats until the reservation ticketed (which sometime took a while).

Glad to hear it worked out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.