Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROACHFest Questions for US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2004, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Dispense with BYOC (Bring Your Own Condiments)

Add some ketchup & mustard packets to the snack basket, so we don't have to eat our half sandwiches dry, or remember to pack our own.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SS255
Add some ketchup & mustard packets to the snack basket, so we don't have to eat our half sandwiches dry, or remember to pack our own.
Or at least some consistency with condiments. Every turkey croissant sandwich I've had on US transcons has come with a small packet of Dijonnaise while the ham on pumpernickel combo is as dry as the Mojave Desert.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 12:58 pm

can we get bourbon in the drink cart again?

please???
Old Jul 21, 2004, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Am I really to believe that these guys who have broken their necks getting the kind of visitors from the airline that they have, have done it so that there can be a discussion of ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise? If this stuff does come up at the meet, I will be looking at the faces of the organizers in order to see their reactions.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Not gonna happen

Eliminating the change fee is pie in the sky. US sees it as a profit center and a way of defraying the hurculean effort it takes them to reissue a ticket.

Our top suggestions should be of zero or de minimus cost to US or you are gonna lose them fast.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Eliminating the change fee is pie in the sky. US sees it as a profit center and a way of defraying the hurculean effort it takes them to reissue a ticket.

Our top suggestions should be of zero or de minimus cost to US or you are gonna lose them fast.
What they should do is add the ability to change a ticket real time online (i.e., not just by sending an e-mail to some rep somewhere, I mean an actual ticket reissue), and make the change fee something like $25 plus the difference in fare for online changes only. And, oh, as long as this applies to ALL tickets, not just those issued on usairways.com! It's downright ridiculous at the things we CAN'T do via usairways.com at this point ... change seats (outside of check-in), upgrade (besides just flights booked online), change tickets, add to stand-by lists, book award travel on more than just US, save frequently used trips for easy rebooking (ITN allows this), find out which flights have upgrade seats and what fare class is needed for those seats, being able to buy specific fare classes based on what you want to do (e.g., upgrade immediately, stand-by with no fee, etc.), and the list goes on and on.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
Am I really to believe that these guys who have broken their necks getting the kind of visitors from the airline that they have, have done it so that there can be a discussion of ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise? If this stuff does come up at the meet, I will be looking at the faces of the organizers in order to see their reactions.
Monitor- As one of the organizers and the OP of this thread, I enjoy this venting. The suggestions and questions we are getting via e-mail, PM and some of these posts are global and significant.

I believe that when August 7 rolls around, the level of discourse will be properly elevated. You won't have to look at our faces if someone asks for softer toilet paper, the rest of the attendees will recognize the validity of the comment.

The formal discussion with US Airways management will last for 2 and 1/2 hours. People are giving up part of a weekend with their family to be with us. We will make the most of it.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by monitor
Note the icon in my post and SS255's

All kidding aside, upgrade availability, fare structures, and many, many other aspects of travel on US Airways are obviously far more important than mustard...
Old Jul 21, 2004, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I agree with you whole-heartedly. there are people at CCY swearing up and down a new website is coming and that they realize how bad the current site is. BUT when and if you are allowed to do reissues online, they are STILL going to want the change fee

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
What they should do is add the ability to change a ticket real time online (i.e., not just by sending an e-mail to some rep somewhere, I mean an actual ticket reissue), and make the change fee something like $25 plus the difference in fare for online changes only. And, oh, as long as this applies to ALL tickets, not just those issued on usairways.com! It's downright ridiculous at the things we CAN'T do via usairways.com at this point ... change seats (outside of check-in), upgrade (besides just flights booked online), change tickets, add to stand-by lists, book award travel on more than just US, save frequently used trips for easy rebooking (ITN allows this), find out which flights have upgrade seats and what fare class is needed for those seats, being able to buy specific fare classes based on what you want to do (e.g., upgrade immediately, stand-by with no fee, etc.), and the list goes on and on.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 3:49 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
This might be my favorite thread of the year.
What is most impressive is the fact that areas of focus are highlighted not just because of what's wrong, but rather as a way to improve things.

I hope the brass' ears are open in Philly!
Old Jul 21, 2004, 4:02 pm

How about reinstating SWU for all elites. Even better, make them upgradable at time of booking. Don't issue 2 types like in the past (1 at time of booking, 1 at elite windows), that will eliminate the fraud.

Last edited by mileshound; Jul 22, 2004 at 4:40 am
Old Jul 21, 2004, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
Note the icon in my post and SS255's

All kidding aside, upgrade availability, fare structures, and many, many other aspects of travel on US Airways are obviously far more important than mustard...
I'm sorry if I missed the lighthearted take on those posts, but as Atlantic Beach has said, many are giving up some time and I think that it can be very worthwhile because it promised to be a serious take on a dead serious subject. I expect that the joking and other camaraderie will come out of their boxes at the ballgame, where I'm sure that there will be plenty of lighthearted analysis and takes on the behavior and attitudes of the official guests.
Remember, those of you in Philly will be up the creek without any paddles except for WN if this airline goes under and I from NY will see my choices for decent, competitvely priced service shrink substantially. Even tho I'm not using the U a whole lot nowadays, this can change at any time. I hadn't flown Delta for 10 years and at the time had no thought of using it, but I sent my contribution to Save Sky Miles because they were doing something important and this year it just happened that I'm already over 50000 miles with them. I'm coming here and supporting this meeting because the Roaches are also doing something important and this stuff interests me (and l4p is one guy that I need to have another drink with).
Old Jul 21, 2004, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by mileshound
How about reinstating SWU for all elites. Even better, make them upgradable at time of booking. Don't issue 2 types like in the past 91 at time of booking, 1 at elite windows), that will eliminate the fraud.
While i wish we could get back any swu I wouldnt expect them to be upgradeable at the time of booking for lower fares....I mean I dont think someone on a $350 fare to london should get an upgrade until prefereds who may have paid more get it...If they do it should be standby on lower fares...
-howie
Old Jul 22, 2004, 9:35 am

Anybody mention Book and Hold yet for the website. I think it was changed due to "customer demand"

Just saw that UA added it to theirs and I have always liked AA's function while you co-ordinate with everyone else.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
How about a US FT liaison?

From what I've read in other posts elsewhere on this board, US staffers are unofficially lurking here. It's obvious they care about our opinions, or they wouldn't be be taking time out of their weekend to attend Roachfest. Are they willing to assign an official FT liaison (a la "Starwood Lurker")?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.