More from GSO this fall........

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2004, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold
More from GSO this fall........

With the September schedule.....
-BOS goes from 2xERJ to 4xERJ
-3rd daily 733 to PHL returns(about bloody time)
-morning RJ to PIT returns(buh bye Dornier)
-all props eliminated in the CLT market

This means GSO will be all jet except for:
3xJ41 PIT
4XJ41 BWI
1XSF3 DCA...

Not a bad start in the right direction...
Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:31 am

Programs: DL UA
Yeah!
I am glad to see more from GSO. I am up to about 70k US miles so far and I am still waffling about going for Chairman's or trying to get Gold on NW. If US will keep more flights out of GSO then I will go for the CP.
thanks for the information!
Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:33 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
US has to do something with the metal pulled out of PIT......why not GSO?
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Interesting US is doubling BOS because DL just added 2 nonstop CRJ flights to BOS as well.

Does anyone remember when there was a nonstop to MYR? Was this once a week? or once a day? What happened to that?
Old Jul 7, 2004, 4:52 pm

Location: Greensboro, NC (US Air CP = Compassionate Proctology, Hilton Diamond)
Thumbs up A Bit of Sunshine

The extra metal to PHL is a very welcome addition. I would love to see a big jet for Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
any thoughts on what might happen to the US Airways Club if they move to the other terminal. I read in the paper how either DL or US will have to move when the other terminal is extended, my guess is that DL would move.

how are the loads on US flights these days? any chance on any new flights by US or any other airline?? it would be nice to see over 100 total daily departures from this airport again.

Fly from PTI!!!!!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bump!

It's been almost a year since this thread was last active and the situation with US is certainly different especially since US will no longer serve PIT or BOS anymore.

On the Delta forum, it was mentioned that DL representatives were visiting the US club to get ideas for a potential Crown Room in the new terminal. Anyone seen/heard the same thing?

Other US-GSO news? It would be nice to have a separate GSO forum...
Old Aug 7, 2005, 7:34 pm

Location: Greensboro, NC (US Air CP = Compassionate Proctology, Hilton Diamond)
GSO Land

Looking forward to a shorter line through TSA land at GSO once the "other side" of the terminal is expanded and the new security centers on each side opens.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:46 am

Getting back to the point of the OP, maybe US should again ramp up in GSO in anticipation of increased business travel. Now that NC has thrown a bunch of $$ at them to build their manufacturing facility in the Triad, there will no doubt be tons of Dell computer types who will be coming into and out of the area. Perhaps enough to have US enter (re-enter?) the AUS market with a GSO-AUS nonstop? It might not be the sadly departed PIT-FRA "Bayer Express," but it's something.

Last edited by EWC-JMU; Aug 8, 2005 at 10:51 am
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

US is certainly different especially since US will no longer serve PIT or BOS anymore.
Yikes. I missed the BOS drop. Where\when did you hear this?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's no longer listed in the schedule after 9/16. I thought there was sufficient demand for it, it's so strange to see it going...
Old Aug 8, 2005, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It's no longer listed in the schedule after 9/16. I thought there was sufficient demand for it, it's so strange to see it going...
I agree. The Mrs. takes this route 2x a month and is always mentioning how full the planes are. I was thinking this might be an option for mainline service if there was available metal and money. Tells you what I know.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:35 pm

Programs: US GP, DL GM, HH Gold, StarWood Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by theflyingrobs
I agree. The Mrs. takes this route 2x a month and is always mentioning how full the planes are. I was thinking this might be an option for mainline service if there was available metal and money. Tells you what I know.
I wonder if US has figured out a way to tell how many of those pax were CLT locals that drove the 1 hour+ to save hundreds of dollars or more.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 4:41 pm

Programs: US-CP PCplatAmb HHgold MARgold
Originally Posted by PersonalCareChemist
Looking forward to a shorter line through TSA land at GSO once the "other side" of the terminal is expanded and the new security centers on each side opens.
got to GSO at about 0625 this morning for a 0650 flight, and the security line was the longest I have ever seen it there (which is usually little or no line). I was thru in less than 10 min, they had 4 lines running. I'm pretty sure they only had 3 in the past (gates 41-50), and the 4th was to the right just before the furthest right station.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 7:38 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Good news for GSO

It is great to hear more flights from GSO for USAIR. All the USAirways agents in Greensboro are plesant to work with. They always greet you with a smile.
This is a good move as the traffic from Charlotte will also increase. Thanks USAirways!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.