Search

"Faster Way to Chairman's Preferred"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2004, 5:52 pm
ATC
Original Poster

Location: Boston, Freefall: Chairman's Preferred -->Steerage Status
"Faster Way to Chairman's Preferred"

20K miles, or 20 segments, 3/10 to 6/10. Did any other former CP's slip slip sliding down into middle seat indignities and, well, hell, receive this postcard?

(Me? holding out for a return to the former theme song, and that linen napkin with the button-hole that you could position "just so." but as always, I'm infinitely curious.)
Old Mar 8, 2004, 6:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Got it. Just gold, never was CP, but am 1K.

I'd post the URL, but the card says "valid
for addressee only."
Old Mar 8, 2004, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ATC:
20K miles, or 20 segments, 3/10 to 6/10. Did any other former CP's slip slip sliding down into middle seat indignities and, well, hell, receive this postcard?

(Me? holding out for a return to the former theme song, and that linen napkin with the button-hole that you could position "just so." but as always, I'm infinitely curious.)
</font>
Ive havent gotten it yet, but I am away. Did it come by regular mail or email? I have been a CP for about 7 years or so and have flown 2 segments so far this year. So far all of my other miles have been on UA (about 48K) and AA (about 10K)

Old Mar 8, 2004, 6:35 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
CP last year, Gold this year, got it yesterday.

------------------
Don't feed the trolls.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 6:50 pm
ATC
Original Poster

Location: Boston, Freefall: Chairman's Preferred -->Steerage Status
Did you receive a different version? My postcard says "We would like to offer you this special opportunity to enjoy Chairman's Preferred status once again."

I'm hardly a marketing/advertising/style type, but the postcard was decidedly déclassé.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by violist:
Got it. Just gold, never was CP, but am 1K.</font>
Old Mar 8, 2004, 6:57 pm

Location: PIT at school, PHL/ACY at home...US Airways Gold Preferred
I'm gonna have that much flying anyway, so I'd like to give the promo a shot, even if it is targeted. If no one wants to post the link, could someone e-mail it to me?
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:31 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Second that request, if someone could please post/email the link/code etc. It is always worth a shot, and what is there to lose?
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:36 pm

offer is usairways.com/dm/3659
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:39 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Chairman's Shortcut linkified as http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/3659.htm

For reference, here are the ones for Gold and Silver:

Gold - http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/3999.htm
Silver- http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/6598.htm

Fine print states Terms and Conditions: Valid for addressee only. Valid with the purchase of qualifying fares on US Airways, the US Airways Express carriers or US Airways Shuttle. (Fares in G class and flights on partners, such as United, are excluded.) This offer cannot be combined with any other promotional flight bonus of Preferred Fast Track offer. All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply.

[This message has been edited by pitflyer (edited Mar 08, 2004).]
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
It takes my breath away that US is hawking CP status for such a low threshold. Welcome CP lites. . .get it if you can!
Old Mar 8, 2004, 8:47 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Maybe GOM is next????
Old Mar 8, 2004, 10:15 pm

Programs: US lowlife
Poo...I didnt get targeted.

Happy 'nuff tho.

-JC
Old Mar 8, 2004, 10:44 pm

I got the offer in the mail today. I was CP last year, but dropped to Gold this year. I won't accept the offer, though, since I got another challenge privately by emailing the DM service centre, and that one includes flights taken earlier in the year.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 6:12 am

Programs: US CP, HP Platinum,UA nobody
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jetsetter:
Second that request, if someone could please post/email the link/code etc. It is always worth a shot, and what is there to lose?</font>
As discussed here before many times, your
ability to be targeted for other coveted
promos whether or not this one takes. As
well the chance of ending up on the promo
blacklist if one exists.

Old Mar 9, 2004, 8:54 am

Boo
I called DM Gold Line today in my politest, sweetest voice. No Go And I already have the 20k miles booked!

Good luck to all those who have this WONDERFUL opportunity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.