Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Club Closing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:43 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by PHL
Is the US terminal at SFO scheduled for a demolishing or something? Arriving at 625pm last Sunday, it was a ghost town. not one other flight in the satellite. No shops/stands open, not a soul around except for us deplaning pax.
That's the way it's been for some time now. They really need to move the US gates into the UA domestic terminal.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Hey PHL, were you on 29 PHL-SFO? I was on that plane, upgraded at the last minute to F (along with 3 others) and sat in 7F.

We arrived at the far end of the terminal, which makes the place feel even more deserted than usual. The club is upstairs from the gate where we arrived. Every time I arrive there, it makes me sad.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 6:03 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Noah - 'twas me in 3C. I actually spoke to you briefly on the ramp down to the plane as to which group(s) of pax were given the green light to board since I was getting my Sbarros pizza slice and soda when boarding began.

Good thing, too. I was dismayed at the meal selection, which was described to me as follows by the F/A who barely cracked a smile: chicken salad, and pastrami/swiss sandwich.

I understood the chicken salad to mean the mayonaise type mix of chicken salad (like on a chicken salad sandwich). So, I opted for the sandwich which was not something I even wanted, but I could at least pick at it. Then I saw them distributing the GRILLED chicken salads and requested to revise my order. Alas, none were left. At least that pizza held me over until I could get a $20 chx ceasar at the hotel later.....

I politely explained to the F/A that some people, or maybe just me because I'm dense, might take the words 'chicken salad' to really mean a traditional chicken salad rather than the more covetted 'grilled chicken salad'. Am I a little nuts?
Old Aug 26, 2004, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by PHL
I was dismayed at the meal selection, which was described to me as follows by the F/A who barely cracked a smile: chicken salad, and pastrami/swiss sandwich.
On yesterday's US 21 PHL-LAX, the flight attendant was very apologetic about only having the pastrami sandwich to offer. You could tell by her tone of voice when she uttered the words "Would you care for a pastrami sandwich?" that she was extremely embarrassed at the quality of the offering.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SS255
On yesterday's US 21 PHL-LAX, the flight attendant was very apologetic about only having the pastrami sandwich to offer. You could tell by her tone of voice when she uttered the words "Would you care for a pastrami sandwich?" that she was extremely embarrassed at the quality of the offering.
I got the sandwich (the only option) and to be honest, it was pretty gross.

When our FA took orders (and as PHL noted, without cracking a smile), she received pushback from several customers who wanted the chicken salad though it was gone by the time she reached row 3. Her response, "the company is putting me in this position by not boarding enough meals. Write them a letter if you want to complain". She later remarked quite loudly how she wishes US would fire her because it has gotten so bad.

*ugh*

And PHL -- nice to "meet" you. I hope we have a long future of potential meetings in the F cabin on US but somehow I'm not as optimistic as I used to be... (especially since I'm also flying UA more and more these days given the cheap fares from OAK).
Old Aug 26, 2004, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by noah
She later remarked quite loudly how she wishes US would fire her because it has gotten so bad.
How sad!
Old Sep 8, 2004, 6:29 pm

I just received my new club membership packet. Enclosed was a list of US Club locations "Effective April 2004." San Francisco was noticeably absent from the list.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 8:08 pm

I just received my new club membership packet. Enclosed was a list of US Club locations "Effective April 2004." San Francisco was noticeably absent from the list.
Orlando is also closed indefinately....thanks to Charlie
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by mileshound
Orlando is also closed indefinately....thanks to Charlie
It looks like MCO overall took additional water damage over the weekend from Frances as well. Although there was little new apparent physical damage, I doubt they were fully able to repair Charley's roof damage and the water found the holes.

The ventilation fans were running again on Tue morning when I got back down here (anyone who's been in MCO since Charley knows what I'm referring to).
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:57 am

I assume you meant April 2005?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 9:45 am

Nope. The print states "April 2004." I presume this list was printed when the announcement was first made in the spring.

Edited to add: Maybe they really meant "April, 2005," and just used the same proofreader as the Visa Signature Card mailing.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Maybe the SFO club (which was still in business last time i checked) will become a secret CP only club Now we just need a secret knock/handshake
Old Oct 25, 2004, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Is the US Airways Club in SFO still empty all the time (but in an "open" sort of way)?

Any updated word when US will join UA at Terminal 3?
Old Oct 25, 2004, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Nope. The print states "April 2004." I presume this list was printed when the announcement was first made in the spring.

Edited to add: Maybe they really meant "April, 2005," and just used the same proofreader as the Visa Signature Card mailing.
Ahh, yes, the "blind proofreader". Part of BoA and DM's efforts to hire the handicapped.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 7:44 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Is the US Airways Club in SFO still empty all the time (but in an "open" sort of way)?

Any updated word when US will join UA at Terminal 3?
I was in the SFO club a few weeks ago. It is not empty during morning departure times and awaiting red eye departures.

However it is isolated, past much of the abandoned terminal that US operates from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.