Wiki Posts
Search

Can you change seats on USAIR website?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2003, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SW-CP, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Can you change seats on USAIR website?

New here but a 'road warrior', I tried searching for my question but didn't have any matches.

Is it possible to change your seat selection via the USAIR website. I've been unable to find this option anywhere.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 4:46 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
You can't find it because you can't do it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by oldcatcher:
New here but a 'road warrior', I tried searching for my question but didn't have any matches.

Is it possible to change your seat selection via the USAIR website. I've been unable to find this option anywhere.
</font>
Old Nov 23, 2003, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

thx....
Old Nov 23, 2003, 5:37 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
When you check-in online, it gives you the ability to change your seat before you print your boarding pass.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Your profile says you are a Chairman's Preferred. Call the CP desk and get the seats you want and forget about the online hassle.

I am a CP and book flights online all the time. I choose the best seats available online and then once the ticket is issued I call the CP desk and get the exit row or bulkhead or whatever....

Forget online seats assignments. Book online for the bonus and then call the CP desk for the seats. IMHO.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

planeluvr..........

Sorry I didn't make myself clear in my first post.

I was looking for help in changing seats on existing reservations.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips geo1005....

I've just recently been elevated to CP from GP so I can use all the help I can get regarding getting the most out of the CP level.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
One more suggestion.....

Do call the CP desk as soon after you get the booking confirmation code online so that you can be put on the upgrade queue...it is not automatic even for a CP. While on the phone, you could ask for whatever seats that are usually blocked off for DM members.

The CP desk is top-notch, and I have their 800 number in my head. I've moved from SP to GP to CP over the years, and, if nothing else, I'd continue to maintain status for access to them - they've done everything they could to make my years of flying as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

I appreciate your thoughts kudzu....

You've already clarified one key area I was unclear about, i.e. how do cp's get on the upgrade list. I mistakenly thought it was automatic. I now know I'll have to call.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 5:48 am

If you book online at U.com and click upgrade it does put you in the upgrade queue but it does not give you seat selections. From my experience
Old Nov 24, 2003, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by phillyguy:
If you book online at U.com and click upgrade it does put you in the upgrade queue but it does not give you seat selections. From my experience</font>
Beware. I've done this on a couple of recent online purchases and even though I requested the upgrade it never translated to the record. I always confirm with the CP desk that I am in the upgrade queue.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 3:03 pm

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by geo1005:
Beware. I've done this on a couple of recent online purchases and even though I requested the upgrade it never translated to the record. I always confirm with the CP desk that I am in the upgrade queue.</font>
I second this opinion. It happened to me twice before I figured this problem out.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Thx folks....

Sounds like a phone call is required to verify/make upgrade requests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.