? Re: Upgrading United/US Codeshare

Old Aug 4, 2005, 6:03 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Similar situation- I am a US CP flying on a US-operated flight with my US Dividend Miles number on the reservation but with a United ticket (corporate travel department brilliance-- the ticket also is $500 more than if I had just booked it straight on the UA or US website). Any tips for getting upgraded would be most appreciated; I assume I can upgrade but have lowest priority?

Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Similar situation- I am a US CP flying on a US-operated flight with my US Dividend Miles number on the reservation but with a United ticket (corporate travel department brilliance-- the ticket also is $500 more than if I had just booked it straight on the UA or US website). Any tips for getting upgraded would be most appreciated; I assume I can upgrade but have lowest priority?

Thanks.
You are definitely eligible to upgrade, but you will have to do the gate dance. If you follow all of the usual steps (OLCI at 23:59, request at the Club, request at the gate, etc) you should be fine.

*Just to clarify, on day of departure your upgrade will be handled no differently than if you had bought a US ticket. You are still in the queue with the CPs in order of check-in.

Last edited by shell nyc; Aug 4, 2005 at 6:08 pm Reason: more info
Old Aug 4, 2005, 7:30 pm

Programs: Life IS good !!! ®
Originally Posted by shell nyc
... OLCI at 23:59. ..

*Just to clarify, on day of departure your upgrade will be handled no differently than if you had bought a US ticket. You are still in the queue with the CPs in order of check-in.
Just a note that you can use On-Line Check-In at usair.com up to 24 hours prior to departure time.

You don't have to wait until 23:59 if your flight is at 10:00 am the next day for example. You can check-in online starting at 10:01 am the day before.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
We're on the same page...

Originally Posted by dcgators
Just a note that you can use On-Line Check-In at usair.com up to 24 hours prior to departure time.

You don't have to wait until 23:59 if your flight is at 10:00 am the next day for example. You can check-in online starting at 10:01 am the day before.
That's actually what I meant. 23hrs 59 min prior to your first flight.

Last edited by shell nyc; Aug 4, 2005 at 7:55 pm Reason: premature button pressing...
Old Mar 13, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
UA coded flight, US metal, US elite

How about this situation?

UA coded flight, US metal, US elite using US account

Do I get upgraded as a US-elite even though I am on the UA coded flight number?
Old Mar 13, 2006, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by 925

Yes, but only on day of departure. You can't upgrade at your elite window. If you can do OLCI at 23:59 you would improve your chances at the airport.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 3:56 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Last trip to PHL, I pulled the UA codeshare to save $35 for each of us. I called at the 7 day window and they booked me in. That doesn't mean they were supposed to, but they did.

There is alot of "not sure about the rules, but you sure are nice to me today"

Originally Posted by dukeman
Yes, but only on day of departure. You can't upgrade at your elite window. If you can do OLCI at 23:59 you would improve your chances at the airport.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by 925

It looks like this situation has improved for US Preferred fliers. This week I'm booked on a flight with a UA ticket with a UA flight number, but its a codeshare on US metal. With my US GP status I was automatically upgraded to FC at the three day window.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:00 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by twa777
It looks like this situation has improved for US Preferred fliers. This week I'm booked on a flight with a UA ticket with a UA flight number, but its a codeshare on US metal. With my US GP status I was automatically upgraded to FC at the three day window.
One would hope that in almost two years they could improve the situation...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.