Wiki Posts
Search

New Double Miles Bonus

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2003, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, HH Dia, Marriott S
New Double Miles Bonus

Got a TARGETTED Double Mile Bonus - the R&R Bonus Offer - today in the mail. Double miles that also count toward preferred status on USAirways and USAirways Express flights from 10 May to 10 August. Plus, class of service bonus. Register before you fly. I don't think I can include the code, though (targetted, you know).
Old May 8, 2003, 12:55 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Awwwwwwwwwww, COMON! throw us a bone. If you don't give up the code, someone else surely will. There are probably 10 codes for the same promotion, given to various 'types' of travellers that Marketing has identified as worthy. After the promo is over, they can see what groups were most effective and continue tayloring their offers to B, Y, J and F revenue passengers, forever squashing the cockroach.
Old May 8, 2003, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nehopper:
I don't think I can include the code, though (targetted, you know).</font>
You dont THINK you can include the code?!?

Are you under direct orders from US? Does it say on the offer -- Will be invalid if we catch you sharing??? Just wondering
Old May 8, 2003, 2:05 pm

I haven't gotten the mailing yet, but I called the GP service Center and I was already registered. It may be automatic and its for ANY class of service!
Old May 8, 2003, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nehopper:
I don't think I can include the code, though (targetted, you know).</font>
i won'2t tel3l what the cod7e is eithe4r.

--he who slacks
Old May 8, 2003, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, HH Dia, Marriott S
My code is 2374. My offer clearly says I have to register. If the USAir gestapo come for me, its on your heads

[This message has been edited by nehopper (edited 05-08-2003).]
Old May 8, 2003, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Have any chairmans gotten this?

I am wondering if I can call and register for it, though righ tnow I have a double miles going that goes until 5/31, but would rather have the double tier miles of course (with an upcoming ireland trip!)

Chris
Old May 8, 2003, 8:01 pm

How can I register for this promotion? Do I have to have preferred status to be eligible?

I could not find the link on the web site.
--Alex
Old May 8, 2003, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Why do I never get these
I just booked NY to Tucson, NY London and NY-MEL and and checking flights etc for NRT and CDG and NONE of it is on US. If they would target me I would buy some darn tickets on them already.....

In fact this is starting to really annoy me. Basically, this airline is perfectly happy giving people twice as many miles for flying them as I get? Should I be happy with that? I think not. Maybe I should be on an airline that treats me the same as it treats other passengers more or less.

[This message has been edited by GadgetFreak (edited 05-08-2003).]
Old May 9, 2003, 7:59 am

Location: Richmond, VA BA Silver, US Airways CP, Marriott PLT, Hilton Gold
Just called CP line and they registered me for this promo which starts tomorrow and runs through mid August. I was going to make CP again anyway, this just confirms it will happen MUCH sooner.
Old May 9, 2003, 8:17 am

The link:
http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/2374.htm
Old May 9, 2003, 8:23 am

I registered for this yesterday. I don't know if it will take. I just got done with another Promo that ran from Feb-April 30. So hopefully this one will work as well. I have already made CP for next year. I just want to build up the miles in my account
Old May 9, 2003, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by majorbill:
Just called CP line and they registered me for this promo which starts tomorrow and runs through mid August. I was going to make CP again anyway, this just confirms it will happen MUCH sooner.</font>
Were you targeted?

Old May 9, 2003, 12:23 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
question...

I have no preferred status with US although I am a general DM member. I will be doing a lot of travel in the next 2 months, including Europe. IS there anyway that US would let a "non-preferred" register for this new double status miles promo? OR, as a general member, would I get laughed off the face of the earth?

I think i might call them and ask to be targetted...it can't hurt. But i was wondering what US's track record is for this type of thing, so if any of you know, please chime in. Thanks!
Old May 9, 2003, 12:30 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
OH-SO-THANK-U! I have a US ticket for June 1.
It says at the bottom, "Valid for adressee only," but it took my registration anyway.

------------------
Play the travel game 3 vacations into the future!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.