Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Double Miles Bonus

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2003, 7:04 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GadgetFreak:
I am a CP with 10K miles this year. They must have a bizarre algorithm. Or maybe it is random.</font>
The preponderence of evidence supports "random". Although a good case could also be made for "perverse"...

Old May 10, 2003, 10:54 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
I believe that those of us who really GOM last year are blacklisted in the DM system from receiving bonus perks like this double mile deal. No matter how few miles we're flying with US we won't be "targeted" for anything.

They didn't take the miles back last year, but can make sure we don't rack up more this year. I flew US more than I ever did last fall with GOM......now I've got little incentive to go out of my way for US.
Old May 11, 2003, 12:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Perhaps, but I only signed up for a single GOM. Im such a moron. If I had signed up for all of them I would already be CP for the year probably. Given the fares and schedules Im getting it may not matter anyway. Oh well.......
Old May 11, 2003, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HPTunco:
I believe that those of us who really GOM last year are blacklisted in the DM system from receiving bonus perks like this double mile deal. No matter how few miles we're flying with US we won't be "targeted" for anything.

They didn't take the miles back last year, but can make sure we don't rack up more this year. I flew US more than I ever did last fall with GOM......now I've got little incentive to go out of my way for US.
</font>
We live in PIT HPTunco, we will get nothing and like it!! Has anyone living in a hub city recieved this promotion? I wonder if this is for those people that don't live in a hub or focus city??

Old May 11, 2003, 8:21 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by trvlr64:
We live in PIT HPTunco, we will get nothing and like it!! Has anyone living in a hub city recieved this promotion? I wonder if this is for those people that don't live in a hub or focus city??

</font>
In the near future, all Pit flyers will receive all the promos they can handle on a jungle jet.
Old May 11, 2003, 8:52 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
I am registered under PIT and have not received this promotion. I am a general div. miles member and have flown around 4000 preferred miles since Jan 1st.

Its a shame since i am actually based out of IND at the moment...if its true that hub-city residents aren't getting this promo for that reason, well, I'm kicking myself for not updating my profile
Old May 11, 2003, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, HH Dia, Marriott S
Just as evidence it may just be random, I am CP, GOM, PHL, but under 25k for the year.
Old May 11, 2003, 10:18 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nehopper:
Just as evidence it may just be random, I am CP, GOM, PHL, but under 25k for the year.</font>
Maybe US is giving up on PIT and NY. Are these letters, postcards or emails?
Old May 11, 2003, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, HH Dia, Marriott S
Mine was postcard
Old May 11, 2003, 10:36 am

I am out of LGA and received a postcard, so the PHL focus appears to be merely anecdotal.
Old May 11, 2003, 11:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by USHARE:
I am out of LGA and received a postcard, so the PHL focus appears to be merely anecdotal.</font>
Which returns me squarely to the everyone but me theory
Old May 11, 2003, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hscottm:
For those of you who 'requested targeting', please let us know if the miles post automatically.</font>
Thanks for the "heads up". I just called the CP desk and they said they would sign me up for the promo. I had not been targeted either (17 segments and 13,000 miles in 2003). But I'm on US for the next two weeks as a result of being signed up for this promo.

I'll post here is the miles automatically show up. Thanks again for the warning!
Old May 11, 2003, 12:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by USHARE:
I am out of LGA and received a postcard, so the PHL focus appears to be merely anecdotal.</font>
I'm DCA, got the postcard. Happy news indeed, in that "I Deserve More" was slated to end 5/31 (i.e., before my trip to SFO in June). Now I'm seeing double thru 8/10.
Old May 11, 2003, 2:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Guess those of us that live on the airline weekly don't deserve double miles?! I have trips booked from May 12 to July 9th all on USAirways every week and sometimes multiple cities in a few of those weeks. I guess they don't think I need the extra perks.

Oh well.

Old May 11, 2003, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
cp, 48 segments and 43k preferred miles in '03 to date. wasn't targetted, but the cp desk signed me up with no problems or questions when i called.

-- he who slacks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.