Search

transatlantic upgrade coupons

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2003, 2:12 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

transatlantic upgrade coupons

Hi all.

Quick question regarding transatlantic upgrades to Envoy on US Airways.

I have a SPACE POSITIVE upgrade coupon (DS0071 and DS0078) which allows upgrades if booked in Y or B class. Also, I have a SPACE AVAILABLE upgrade coupon (DS0077) which allows upgrades on any paid fare, but only confirmable at time of check-in.

I have also seen Customer Service upgrade coupons for domestic first class only (CS0007). This is good on any paid fare and confirmable in advance.

Are there other coupons for transatlantic travel, which allow for confirmation in advance with a V class or similar ticket ? I guess what I am looking for is similar to the Customer Service upgrade listed above, but applicable to international travel.

Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2003, 8:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JGill:
[B]Are there other coupons for transatlantic travel, which allow for confirmation in advance with a V class or similar ticket ? I guess what I am looking for is similar to the Customer Service upgrade listed above, but applicable to international travel.
B]</font>
It is my understanding that you cannot upgrade a V class fare to Envoy with any of the possible upgrade options.
You can use a SystemWide UG with any other fare at any time in advance (at least I can as a US1) or use miles to upgrade.
Old Jul 24, 2003, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
There are upgrade certificates that can be used for a V fare upgrade to Envoy. They are issued primarily to corporate clients.

These are not the Systemwides (old) or the TransAtlantic upgrades (new) mailed to Silvers, Golds, and CPs which are not allowable for V fares.
Old Jul 26, 2003, 12:43 pm
SZD

Advice please.. New to USAir, last 3 years all CO. I have just booked LGW/LAX via PHL in November. I got a "B" fare and used a Transatlantic Space Positive Upgrade, star code DS0078. This reads (1) one-way confirmed Envoy Class upgrade on US transatlantic filgts(including connections)to and from Europe.
Outbound I'm stopping over 24 hrs in PHL, because of that the UK agent says I will be in coach the next day PHL/LAX as this is not a connection its a stopover. My return trip is LAX/PHL/LGW same day and I am in First/Envoy throughout.
Anyone know if this is the correct info/policy.
All comments welcome. Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2003, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SZD:
Advice please.. New to USAir, last 3 years all CO. I have just booked LGW/LAX via PHL in November. I got a "B" fare and used a Transatlantic Space Positive Upgrade, star code DS0078. This reads (1) one-way confirmed Envoy Class upgrade on US transatlantic filgts(including connections)to and from Europe.
Outbound I'm stopping over 24 hrs in PHL, because of that the UK agent says I will be in coach the next day PHL/LAX as this is not a connection its a stopover. My return trip is LAX/PHL/LGW same day and I am in First/Envoy throughout.
Anyone know if this is the correct info/policy.
All comments welcome. Thanks
</font>
Yes this is correct. Only way to get a "stopover" without "breaking the upgrade" is to ensure that there are no PHL-LAX flites which are legal connections until the next morning.

Even on a paid business class ticket which allows free stopovers you lose the free upgrades on domestic legs if you take a stopover unless it is a "forced" stopover as described above.

Old Jul 27, 2003, 5:25 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
If you are on a paid 'B' fare, what is the fare code for your PHL-LAX segment? If it, too, is B, then you could - if you wanted - buy E-upgrades and likely use them now to confirm a seat in F, although the experience will not be as 'wow' as Envoy, but still nice. You'd need 5 for the one-way flight (2401 miles).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.