Wiki Posts
Search

US / UA Advantages

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2003, 4:53 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

US / UA Advantages

Well, I had a good experience with the US UA codeshare. Was trying to book LGA-BOS-LGA for next weekend (5/16 - 5/18). Tried booking on US site -- am told that 5/16's 8pm is sold out and 7pm is $284 (r/t).

Then I remember United. I head to United's site and find that the 8pm codeshare is not sold out and the r/t fare is $130. Guess where I booked...

The only thing -- I purchased a UA ticket, used my US FF number -- will I get triple UA and US miles? Or will this be a kink in the system?

--Jim

[This message has been edited by JIMBOLIGUY (edited 05-07-2003).]
Old May 7, 2003, 5:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JIMBOLIGUY:
The only thing -- I purchased a UA ticket, used my US FF number -- will I get triple US and US miles? Or will this be a kink in the system?

--Jim
</font>
Unfortunately I can't give you a yes or no answer, but UA also has the triple miles on both UA & US when flying the US shuttle. I imagine something could be worked out - but u never know.

Maybe someone else will be more helpful.

-Chris
Old May 8, 2003, 8:08 am

All Codeshare flights post on your FF account as the US number and not the UA number when flying on US metal, so you will prob get the miles. Might have to call..
Old May 8, 2003, 11:10 am
Original Member

I don't know that you can really call this an "advantage" of the codeshare. Because if they had not contracted those seats over to UA, US would still have had them in inventory, and therefore would not have shown them as sold out in the first place. Thus, this "advantage" forced you to look in two buckets for seats that used to all be in one bucket.

Djlawman
Old May 17, 2003, 6:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Djlawman:
I don't know that you can really call this an "advantage" of the codeshare. Because if they had not contracted those seats over to UA, US would still have had them in inventory, and therefore would not have shown them as sold out in the first place. Thus, this "advantage" forced you to look in two buckets for seats that used to all be in one bucket.

Djlawman
</font>
Probably not quite correct. US and UA didn't hard block anything between the two carriers. What you're most likely seeing - I've learned this lesson from my trips on UA and LH codeshares to Europe - is US Airways flight being shut down (as they should be based on the load) but the UA code is open because the message to shut that class down hasn't yet reached UA and bounced back out into the reservations systems. It happens from time to time, the carrier that operates the flight shuts its inventory down and the timing is just slightly off so the message to the codeshare carrier doesn't make it through. There's a technical term for it but I've forgotten it.
Old May 17, 2003, 8:43 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NWILGuy:
There's a technical term for it but I've forgotten it.</font>
The technical term is FUBAR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.