Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help!!! A Cockroach on my Lapel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2002, 6:55 am

Programs: SWA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TomBascom:
We ought to get together a brochure to go with this. A little something that explains the movement that we could pass out to interested parties. I imagine that most of the core material is scattered around in the various threads since Black Tuesday. Are there any marketing types who could pull it all together in a coherent fashion?</font>
Tom, the web site will be up soon. Gather the material.

The e-mail address: [email protected] is up and running.

[This message has been edited by irabk (edited 11-14-2002).]
Old Nov 14, 2002, 8:57 pm

3 Please
Old Nov 14, 2002, 9:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TomBascom:
We ought to get together a brochure to go with this. A little something that explains the movement that we could pass out to interested parties. I imagine that most of the core material is scattered around in the various threads since Black Tuesday. Are there any marketing types who could pull it all together in a coherent fashion?</font>
You could put them in the seat back pocket when you fly US. How about printing sticker advertisements and putting them in Attache?
Old Nov 16, 2002, 9:40 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PineyBob:
If you put the Logo on there without permission from US Air you are begging to hear from their legal department. Plus I doubt if you would find a vendor who would produce it without an authorization from US Air! But a cute little cockroach scurrying across the stylized US Air Flag is exactly the design I had in mind.
</font>
I'm playing about 3 weeks of FT catch-up and this issue may be old and pins may be ordered but.....

I'm not 100% sure, but something tells me that you could use their logo if you alter it a bit and it's used in a satirical manner. Think of the COCAINE t-shirts using the same style writing as Coca Cola. On TV, The Daily Show, or Weekend Update on SNL, they've always been permitted to show the logos of various companies without permission even if they're bashing the company on the air. There is a certain amount of free use permitted in satire and if no one is making money off this (i.e. the pins are sold at cost) it might be possible.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 8:29 pm

For all your cockroach information needs...

www.us-cockroach.com

[edited to update web link]

[This message has been edited by irabk (edited 11-20-2002).]

[This message has been edited by irabk (edited 11-20-2002).]
Old Nov 18, 2002, 6:29 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by irabk:
For all your cockroach information needs...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/us_cockroach/index.htm
</font>
IMHO you should dump the flag -- a) it's too small & won't show up and b) it really doesn't work as a tie-in to our favorite airline.

Perhaps a more stylized cockroach on a background such as the website uses would work (use fatter bars though).
Old Nov 18, 2002, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
My thought would be to orientate the flag horizontally.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 7:12 am

IMHO you should dump the flag -- a) it's too small & won't show up and b) it really doesn't work as a tie-in to our favorite airline.

Perhaps a more stylized cockroach on a background such as the website uses would work (use fatter bars though).
</font>
Tom, This is only the first round of art. The flag will change today or tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Old Nov 18, 2002, 8:29 am

I would suggest the flag as the background with the cockaroach on top of it, covering most of it.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 9:13 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by irabk:
Tom, This is only the first round of art. The flag will change today or tomorrow.</font>
Just offering my $0.02

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Stay tuned.
</font>
Will do!
Old Nov 18, 2002, 9:51 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
I just tried to look at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/us_cockroach/Art.htm, and I'm getting the old "Forbidden" message on that object.

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 9:56 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Good first step with the CP mile carryover thing (although I suspect that it's a "me too" rather than an olive branch but I'm in a forgiving mood at the moment...)</font>
A me too? I don't remember any other airline doing this before US did it last year ...

DL "me too"'ed it themselves this year, but it still doesn't change the fact US did it first last year.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 11:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
A me too? I don't remember any other airline doing this before US did it last year ...

DL "me too"'ed it themselves this year, but it still doesn't change the fact US did it first last year.
</font>
I was referring to this year.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 12:30 pm

Wow! thanks for all the suggestions, Irabk has it under control. Their is a very good Graphis person working with him. Remember in order to be affordable it has to be simple. I am ingognito for now lest Ben & dave cancel my accounts
Old Nov 19, 2002, 10:18 am

We have a new home.

www.us-cockroach.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.