Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW awards -- will this get my miles out of DM?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2002, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

NW awards -- will this get my miles out of DM?

I am trying to liquidate my DMs from US. One thought I have is to buy NW Asia awards with them.

If you get a NW award from US, can you change the dates of the award?

Is this a good way to transfer miles out of US assuming I will want to go to Asia on NW?
Old Dec 12, 2002, 7:49 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
If you think US is going to shut down, that's not a good option because award tickets are typically useless after an airline shuts down, even on partner airlines.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 9:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
If you think US is going to shut down, that's not a good option because award tickets are typically useless after an airline shuts down, even on partner airlines.</font>
It depends on the time frame of skepticism, IMHO. Award travel on NW has to be completed by 7/31/03, so by redeeming for NW awards you only have to hope that US has another 7 months of life in it....
Old Dec 12, 2002, 11:17 am
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by landspeed:
It depends on the time frame of skepticism, IMHO. Award travel on NW has to be completed by 7/31/03, so by redeeming for NW awards you only have to hope that US has another 7 months of life in it....</font>
In my case, I only need US to be around for 94 days...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.