Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chairman's Preferred

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2002, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Chairman's Preferred

Can someone please tell me exactly what benefits you get with this status. I read the website, but I was wondering about any other little perks that aren't listed. For example at CO platinum's don't pay for expedited rewards. Thanks for your info
Old Mar 1, 2002, 8:19 pm

Programs: DM,A+,UAMP,PriorityClub,WNRR
As of about a month ago CP no fees/no blackouts for award bookings either.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 8:38 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Do you mean no redeposit fees? Or expedite fees?
Old Mar 1, 2002, 8:50 pm

I am unsure about redeposit fees, but expedite fees are a thing of the past (this year) for CP members.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 8:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BWI2MCO97:
I am unsure about redeposit fees, but expedite fees are a thing of the past (this year) for CP members.</font>
No more redeposit fees either. These were excellent improvements to the program I think. Way to go Mike Isom in US Marketing.

I was told this about a month ago while booking flights for trip this summer. I seemed unsure about the class etc, and the agent said not to worry. If cancel or change redeposit is free now for CP's.

James

------------------
US-CP; UA PE; Hilton Gold VIP; Crowne Plaza Gold
Old Mar 1, 2002, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
the biggest perk is that the chairman's agents are incredibly professional and helpful - the gold ones are fine, but the chairman's ones are out of this world -- they will do anything within their powers to resolve an issue...

i've gotten to know a few of the chairman's agents quite well over the past few years-- in spite of usairways lack of partnerships, int'l flights, and the whole united debacle, these chairman's agents have singlehandedly kept me with usairways.

i really am sad that i'm losing this status --but i could never rack up 100K miles given that i've cut back my work travel this year.

[This message has been edited by kv99 (edited 03-01-2002).]
Old Mar 2, 2002, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

One quick question will the waive the 100 dollar change fee if you have CP status? I know I've heard conflicting things about UAL's 1k that they do.
Old Mar 2, 2002, 12:18 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Change fees on revenue tickets are still charged to everyone.

The one irk I have with the program is that the CP Liasons are only for Domestic. If you have any Carribean or European trips, you have to talk to a non-CP agent. Mike Isom said he was going to look into that one.
Old Mar 2, 2002, 12:40 pm

I was under the impression that CP reps handled it all including international. That's news to me.
Old Mar 2, 2002, 1:42 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BWI2MCO97:
I was under the impression that CP reps handled it all including international. That's news to me.</font>
As a gold rep, you only handle domestic, right?
Old Mar 2, 2002, 2:47 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Personal Liason's can't do diddly on international reservations. Most of the time if they see I'm calling about an international reservation I can't even say a word before they say "I'm transferring you"
Old Mar 2, 2002, 3:43 pm

Yes, Beckles, as a Gold rep I only handle domestic.....unless I book 3 or 4 pnr's and the last one is an international award. Those are pretty easy, you still look for Z if it's coach and the taxes price automatically. It depends purely on the raport with the caller and if they understand that though I am not trained to do it, most of it is the same. I never do purchased fares because the taxes, restrictions are different than domestic and the questions are tougher. I would say I have booked int'l maybe 3 times in my 5 years in res. I just think that as a 1/2/3, any level preferred should have one stop shopping. I have some other opinions that I have forwarded, but rare that anyone in management or inventory listen. I am still waiting to hear about my idea on first class/envoy esavers similar to AA NetsAAvers.

[This message has been edited by BWI2MCO97 (edited 03-02-2002).]

[This message has been edited by BWI2MCO97 (edited 03-02-2002).]
Old Mar 2, 2002, 4:23 pm

I was transferred to international when I booked tickets to San Juan. Always thought it was interesting that SJU and the VIs are considered international. The CP Liasons are great though.

Some CPs also get free memebership in the Club.
Old Mar 2, 2002, 4:40 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
BWI2MCO97 ,
Do you know if either Gold or CP reps can waive the change fee? I know it is normally not done as a standard operating practice, but do res agents have either the technical capability to re-val a ticket (assume yes) and/or the authority from management to ever waive these fees for passengers in the absence of a specific company directive such as xld flight or weather?

As a frequent flyer in any program or any level, I find one has much much better luck getting airport agents to waive the change fee. If you are a CP flyer then you fly a lot, and you probably know (at least by face or first name) the agents at your home airport or airports you visit frequently. On US this is probably your best approach for getting the fee waived. UA Premier Executive and 1K members can make same day changes to an itinerary, either outbound or inbound, providing same class of svc is available, at any time with no fee. Also 1K agents have pretty broad discretion to waive the $100 change fee on itineraries where the date is changed. I have had very little luck, I think I could count on one hand, the number of times res for any of the airlines has waived a change fee for me just purely as a courtesy. Whenever dealing with res, again throughout the airline industry, they always scrutinize over the rules often spending a lot of time reading through them and double checking evry little minute detail before they "do" anything. Airport agents on the other hand, and again both statements are generalizations but very true one's, usually probably don't have the time to read through 3 pages of fare rules or otherwise scrutinize things like res does. In fact, airport agents have told me that it is more important to get a flight out on time than to collect fees or make sure each pax has paid his or her change fee. If they are busy, they make processing pax fast a high priority. Plus they seem to have a lot more discretion and authority to basically do whatever they want. Do res agents collectively sort of resent that management forces them to go by all these rules and double and tripple check each detail, where as brothers and sistsers in the ato seemingly can do anything? Again this has just been my experience across many if not all carriers.
Old Mar 2, 2002, 5:38 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is my job to uphold all fare rules (barring canx flight/weather/mishandled situation). In some respect there are situations that may warrant these waivers, but overall, especially in todays business environment in this industry, every penny counts and the survival of this company depends on it . US tracks waived revenue very closely and since res agents are monitored, we have no choice, but to follow the rules. As I understand it, airport collections have improved over the last few years and I would never count on an agent waiving the fees. I have customers tell me all the time they have full fare tickets and why are they being charged to change to a new day or earlier/later time. Well, the answer is simple. Your travel agent got you a ticket with a 3 day advance purchase (BA3US fare basis) and now there are not 3 days advance for the change you wish to make. You are being charged the difference between the 3 day advance fare and one with no advance (B8US/Y8). There is no reval (etkt) for something like this. You must requalify . This is one of the topics that I have forwarded much about. I think we should either get rid of these "full fare" with advance purchase on go strictly B8US/Y8. You have already paid a lot and I think that you should have the flexibility for same day or new date changes. There will probably be a few changes in the future regarding business travel fares if the industry wants to keep its head above water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.