Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Get out more" milage run - Let's do it

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2002, 5:48 am
Original Poster

"Get out more" milage run - Let's do it

I know this is in the wrong forum but we are a close community here.

Many have expressed interest in doing a run by 10/31. Some of those are Catwood,kv99,sygygy8,Tfgim,Beckles,ATC. Forgive me for including/excluding anyone. Hey, maybe we can even pull Geo1004 out of retirement.

OK, what are people's requirements. Mine are
1) No more that 1 day off of work
2) No more than 1 night away - ok maybe 2
3) No more than $250
4) Lots of miles
5) FC - don't care which plane
6) Don't care where or routing.
7) Leave Fri afternoon/night and back on Sat is preferred.
8) Green limes, cold Hiney

Please post your interest/requirements and let's see if we can get a crew together. We can figure out dates/city. SAN does have the $188 - no min stay.

Old Aug 23, 2002, 6:16 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Actually, I really don't need a mileage run with the travel I have planned, including a trip to LGW in September and a trip to LAS in October ... I'm Getting Out Enough to blow past CP by the end of September (September 23 is my current date for reaching it ...).

Of course, if you were to put together a compelling event, I could be convinced to come along ... that being said, I really don't find a Friday night departure, Saturday return all that compelling for a weekend trip, you'd get much more interest from me (and I would guess others, but who am I to say ...) if you planned on doing it Saturday departure, Sunday return so at least you'd have a "real" Saturday night to spend wherever we are going ...
Old Aug 23, 2002, 6:50 am

LGW is a good trip to make, I came over here this week and got 20,050 preferred miles for that 1 segment. Two more segments like that and I'll renew CP sooner than I thought.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 7:17 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I am game for your requirements, but would like to come back Sunday. If I am going to spend the money on the run I'd like to have the whole weekend there.

Chris

Old Aug 23, 2002, 7:18 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Storm1n:
LGW is a good trip to make, I came over here this week and got 20,050 preferred miles for that 1 segment. Two more segments like that and I'll renew CP sooner than I thought.</font>
Well, if you want to make a run to LGW, I'll be on the CLT-LGW-CLT flights Sep. 20 and Sep. 23 ...
Old Aug 23, 2002, 7:27 am

I was going to propose that weekend, leaving Friday afternoon/evening 9/20 and getting back on 9/22. I priced BWI-SAN $209 including taxes.

Edited: How many miles this might get?

BWI-PHL-SAN-CLT-BWI

Chris

[This message has been edited by catwood (edited 08-23-2002).]
Old Aug 23, 2002, 7:30 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by catwood:
I was going to propose that weekend, leaving Friday afternoon/evening 9/20 and getting back on 9/22. I priced BWI-SAN $209 including taxes.</font>
Well, far be it from me to dictate the schedule to the group

I obviously couldn't make it that weekend ... those fares are only 7-day advance purchase I believe, so you really don't have to wait that long ... and the sooner the better if you ask me, in case something were to happen to the way the bonuses are being posted.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 7:32 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by catwood:
I was going to propose that weekend, leaving Friday afternoon/evening 9/20 and getting back on 9/22. I priced BWI-SAN $209 including taxes.

Edited: How many miles this might get?

BWI-PHL-SAN-CLT-BWI
</font>
Email me the mileage per segment (I'm too lazy to look it up for you) and I'll let you know ...

Note that it would be best to connect through PHL both ways because of the new PHL bonus, but it looks like that's more expensive in most cases to do both ways (probably the same thing you found).
Old Aug 23, 2002, 8:02 am
ATC

Location: Boston, Freefall: Chairman's Preferred -->Steerage Status
I'm CP minus 8 and counting, so I don't know that I really need a run. However, this could be fun. I'll be gone during September--Swiss First award to IST (great trip report Catwood), train, donkey, and maxi-taxi through the Balkans to Prague, then SWISS back--but would be open if anyone decides to do something in October.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 9:45 am

Location: Richmond, VA BA Silver, US Airways CP, Marriott PLT, Hilton Gold
I am working my way to gold and beyond and this mileage run looks fun. I looked at options also and you either have to do transatlantic or west coast/east coast. Oct is probably better for me. Post the intended date and lets see who joins up.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 10:00 am

Ok. I am posting the official date, lets see how we do with responses.
Friday Sept 20th until Sunday Sept 22nd, 2002

Friday, Sept 20th, taking the Transcon from Philly. USAIR Flight 87.

Departs: 6:05pm
Departure Terminal: TERMINAL B
To: SAN DIEGO, CA (SAN) Arrives: 8:57pm

TENTATIVELY -

US AIRWAYS, US 0172 Check Gate Info
Departure Terminal: TERMINAL 1
To: CHARLOTTE, NC (CLT) Arrives: 7:42pm

I am flexible on this one to leave earlier if I still could still get the lower fare, it gets me back into BWI late.

Any thoughts on this?

Also note: It might be fun to publicize this on FT as a "Get Out More" or something like that run to prove USAIR is still flying and people are enjoying the flights. You get the idea.

Old Aug 23, 2002, 10:05 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
i am inclined to do it earlier rather than later, just a little paranoid that the bonuses may be pulled. in fact, i may even try and squeeze in a bwi-lax sameday in the next few weeks.

catwood -- the weekend of the 9/21-22 looks best for me as well: i'm tied up the next few weekends, and doing the philly distance run on the 15th. still inclined to do a slightly longer run but will give it some thought in the next day or two.

edited since this was posted while catwood posted the "official" dates.

[This message has been edited by kv99 (edited 08-23-2002).]
Old Aug 23, 2002, 10:58 am

Also note: It might be fun to publicize this on FT as a "Get Out More" or something like that run to prove USAIR is still flying and people are enjoying the flights. You get the idea.</font>
Because we all want to keep getting out more, is this the greatest idea?

(edited for spelling)

[This message has been edited by nawlinsdoc (edited 08-23-2002).]
Old Aug 23, 2002, 11:21 am
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
Ok. I am posting the official date, lets see how we do with responses.
&lt;i&gt; Friday Sept 20th until Sunday Sept 22nd, 2002&lt;/i&gt;
</font>
Much as I'd like to come, I have a commitment in bNA that weekend.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 1:19 pm

I'd like to find out who is game for this, my ticket is on hold!

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.