Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Travel Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2002, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Award Travel Question

Does US let you split a coach and 1st class award? Case in point. It takes 30k miles for a coach award to the carib, 60k miles for a 1st class award to the carib. Could I book coach to the carib and 1st class back for 45k miles? I think Northwest allows this but I am not sure about US. Thanks.

Bill
Upstate NY
Old Apr 24, 2002, 3:01 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
US doesn't. You pay for first class roundtrip even if you only fly it one way (for example, if the other way is unavailable and you still want the trip).
Old Apr 24, 2002, 3:05 pm

Hello,

I asked the US Gold desk about this several years ago and they said "NO" although they were aware that NW did it.

A friend of mine that used to work for US said that when (if?) US awards ever go electronic that they might consider it.

Va.SquireFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.