new CP perks for 2002?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2001, 11:02 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
new CP perks for 2002?

My club membership expires at the end of Dec. I went to renew today in person at a club and the rep advised me to save my $200 for now, suggesting that one of the new CP perks will be free club access. I haven't had a chance to call the DM center. Has anyone else heard?
Old Dec 17, 2001, 1:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
Probably means they're going to close them.
Just kidding!
Old Dec 17, 2001, 3:00 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Great. I paid for membership just before 9/11 and subsequently made Chairmans Preferred.

PHL I will ask at the club tomorrow evening.

------------------
Regards,

Art from ISP
Old Dec 17, 2001, 3:06 pm

This came up quietly before.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum51/HTML/001919.html
Old Dec 17, 2001, 4:09 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I can just wonder if enough have been whittled from the Chairman's Preferred ranks (due to business slowdown, etc) that they can now reintroduce club memberships to all Chairman's Preferred... They took it away in the first place because there were too many Chairman's Preferreds, in my understanding.

I'm skeptical like deelmakur- I'd be interested to see the fine print in the offer "You must bark like a dog to enter the club"
Old Dec 17, 2001, 4:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
They have been selectively extending the free memberships all along. I have no idea what the criteria is.
Old Dec 17, 2001, 8:53 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
deelmakur: I was one of those extended -- and someone else posted apparently the top 20k in revenue got comped the USAirways club membership.
Old Dec 18, 2001, 1:09 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
One would think that they might be adjusting the criteria yet again.

BTW I will be in PHL this evening and again on Friday morning, and will be in PIT tomorrow night.

One of these days I will meet a fellow Flyertalker.

Happy Holidays all.

------------------
Regards,

Art from ISP
Old Dec 18, 2001, 1:11 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Art234:
One of these days I will meet a fellow Flyertalker.</font>
Probably, but hopefully your luck will hold out for a while longer
Old Dec 21, 2001, 9:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K; AA Lifetime Plat (8+ MM); Frontier 100K Elite; UA Lifetime Gold (1+ MM)
PHL:

My Club membership has been comp'ed every year, and, coincidentally, it was just extended yet again through 2/2003. The new membership card arrived in the mail today with a brief letter indicating the extension because of the level of my continued business during 2001, and thanking me for the business. I don't know the criteria, but I am reasonably above the requalification threshold for CP, both in segments as well as in base miles.

------------------
==
/globaldude
Old Dec 21, 2001, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K; AA Lifetime Plat (8+ MM); Frontier 100K Elite; UA Lifetime Gold (1+ MM)
Art,

Talk to the Club and they may do a partial refund. My first year of Club membership was comp'ed; when it was about to expire, I paid to renew, only to have a re-comp'ed membership card arrive a few weeks later. I requested, and received, a refund of the paid renewal with no hassle.

------------------
==
/globaldude
Old Dec 22, 2001, 8:31 am

Programs: United Gold
globaldude-

Might you give us all a glimpse of your business? How many miles/segments? Approximate total value of all the tickets you bought?

I fly mostly on cheap tickets in US, but B/Y fares transatlantic. I reached reduced CP, and certainly dont expect to qualify for any free club membership - but am curious what kind of flying/paying might be required..
Old Dec 22, 2001, 9:19 am

hscottm:

OK - this year, I'm at 123 segments on US(until later today, when I head out again, and next weekend, when I head to the UK). I expect to end 2001 at 129 segments and just under 135K qualifying base miles.

Last year, I was probably at around 150 segments and, if I remember correctly, over 140K base miles.

The first half of the year, most of this flying originated from RDU, where I was living at the time. I now live in RIC, and a fair amount of flying is from there, but I do drive to ORF, RDU, or BWI when the fare difference justifies it.

Much of this flying is on discounted fares. I do a fair amount of personal traveling (weekends and such), and much of that goes to US. Most is domestic, as I've done most of my international travel to-date on American, but there is a smattering of UK travel in all of this.

Hope that helps, but I'm not sure what it says about the qualifiers. I wonder whether or not the level of travel since 9/11 has had anything to do with the requal, because I've been one of those guys who has traveled extensively since the WTC tragedy, and perhaps this is US's way of recognizing that. There was a period from mid September, when flights resumed, until mid to late October when the planes and airports were spookily vacant, yet I was flying like I always did.

------------------
==
/globaldude
Old Dec 26, 2001, 12:07 pm

Just got my renewal card. I was told by a Club rep that they renewed CPs who have had this status in 1999 and continously held it and requalified again as regular CP this year. No CP "Lite" allowed. I fly discount mostly and qualified on segments but not miles this year.
Old Dec 27, 2001, 6:46 am

Location: Tampa, FL , USA~ US-CP & Lifetime Club, DL-PM, CO-PE, UA-PE, AA-PLT, HH-G
I phoned DCA US HDQ Marketing and got the following response to the Comped Club Question. a CP with 150 segs or 150K miles will get you comped into the club. Other factors for other persons under this threshold include revenue and fare types used to get the higher revenue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.