Esaver and International

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2001, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Esaver and International

Can some one point me to the direction of:
1. Where a list of "international" esavers are
2. Exactly what an esaver is

I have seen the list for this week, yet do not see any international esavers. Are there just none, or am I not looking in the right places?

Thanks

------------------
--------------------------------------------------
"We are dimming the cabin lights to enhance the beauty of our flight crew" - Actual Quote from USAirways F/A: CLT-BNA.

Chairmans: USAir, Gold: NWA, Diners, HH, Gold: Marriott
Old Aug 2, 2001, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
You just missed the LGW and MUC ones for August travel. There was also a SJU one a few weeks back (not that SJU is international).

To answer your questions:

1. None currently, but you will see it on the US webpage when there's one.

2. A special fare advertised on the web site only and by e-mail. It does not have to be reserved or purchased through the web (it can be purchased/booked through the 800 number).
Old Aug 2, 2001, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by terenz:
You just missed the LGW and MUC ones for August travel. There was also a SJU one a few weeks back (not that SJU is international).

To answer your questions:

1. None currently, but you will see it on the US webpage when there's one.

2. A special fare advertised on the web site only and by e-mail. It does not have to be reserved or purchased through the web (it can be purchased/booked through the 800 number).
</font>

Thanks...just gearing up for a fight with US. Seems the system allowed me to pick a fare that was not "ready" yet and not out as an esaver yet.

------------------
"We are dimming the cabin lights to enhance the beauty of our flight crew" - Actual Quote from USAirways F/A: CLT-BNA.

Old Aug 3, 2001, 5:32 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
You'll find 'em in the Promotions section of the website. To get the e-mails (such as the one for the new Amsterdam sale) make sure you've registered for 'em in the US site.

Remember, e-savers cannot be upgraded with SWUs (as chexfan knows so well from his experiences last year). The upgrading issue for both domestic and int'l e-savers was discussed recently in a thread (you'll have to use search to hunt it down). If the fight you want to pick with US is over upgrading an int'l e-saver, sounds like the success rate is pretty close to zero.
Old Aug 3, 2001, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CLTFlyer:
Remember, e-savers cannot be upgraded with SWUs (as chexfan knows so well from his experiences last year).</font>
That was early this year. I got to hear about it first!
Old Aug 3, 2001, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by terenz:
That was early this year. I got to hear about it first!</font>
Yea, but January seems like a year ago!

Anyways, AMS is the new e-saver destination!
http://usairways.com/esavers/offers_ams.htm

Old Aug 3, 2001, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
That was early this year. I got to hear about it first! </font>
Yup, it just seemed like last year - ah yes, the trials and tribulations of young chexfan ...
Old Aug 3, 2001, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CLTFlyer:
You'll find 'em in the Promotions section of the website. To get the e-mails (such as the one for the new Amsterdam sale) make sure you've registered for 'em in the US site.

Remember, e-savers cannot be upgraded with SWUs (as chexfan knows so well from his experiences last year). The upgrading issue for both domestic and int'l e-savers was discussed recently in a thread (you'll have to use search to hunt it down). If the fight you want to pick with US is over upgrading an int'l e-saver, sounds like the success rate is pretty close to zero.
</font>

No, actually the fight is about something else, but I did remember seeing something about not being able to use SWU's for esavers... Hell, looking at the available seating, they ought to be glad I booked...they need the $$$$

I assume I do get the correct (if posted correctly) amount of milage..they don't say, oh, you only get 5 miles per segment because you are on an esaver do they?

------------------

Old Aug 4, 2001, 12:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by USAirGreg:
Can some one point me to the direction of:
1. Where a list of "international" esavers are
2. Exactly what an esaver is
</font>
Periodically, US will send out an "Special International ESAVER" promotional email to you, if a city on your interest list is in the pair being promoted. If you need to be alerted to any option, you should add PHL then maybe PIT and/or CLT to your ESAVER preffered cities (depending on your interest). Of course getting to the other domestic city would be another issue.

As far as what an ESAVER is, well it has changed. Look for ESAV in the fare code, or WN on the fare code suffix. You can confirm by inspection, find the fare on usairways.com and/or Orbitz, but not on Travelocity, itn et al.
Old Aug 4, 2001, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by unixguy:
Periodically, US will send out an "Special International ESAVER" promotional email to you, if a city on your interest list is in the pair being promoted. If you need to be alerted to any option, you should add PHL then maybe PIT and/or CLT to your ESAVER preffered cities (depending on your interest). Of course getting to the other domestic city would be another issue.

As far as what an ESAVER is, well it has changed. Look for ESAV in the fare code, or WN on the fare code suffix. You can confirm by inspection, find the fare on usairways.com and/or Orbitz, but not on Travelocity, itn et al.
</font>
I've never been able to figure out fare codes..where are they exactly?

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.