Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BULK HEAD SEATS

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2001, 5:05 am
Original Poster

BULK HEAD SEATS

RIGHT NOW I HAVE A LEG IN A CAST. IT MIGHT COME OFF THE DAY BEFORE OUR FLIGHT TO ARUBA.(HOPE, HOPE)THE ATTITUDE OF USAIR IS TOUGH. FOR NOW I HAVE THE SECOND ROW OF LOW CLASS. AM PRIORITY GOLD LIKE MILLIONS OF OTHERS. WILL TRY FOR UPGRADE DAY BEFORE. IS THERE A SCREEN THAT TELLS US WHAT SEATS ARE ACTUALLY TAKEN ON THE PLANE SO I CAN SEE IF THEY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH THAT BULKHEAD IS ACTUALLY FULL , LIKE THEY ARE SAYING TO ME.

------------------
Old May 27, 2001, 5:35 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally posted by [email protected]:
RIGHT NOW I HAVE A LEG IN A CAST. IT MIGHT COME OFF THE DAY BEFORE OUR FLIGHT TO ARUBA.(HOPE, HOPE)THE ATTITUDE OF USAIR IS TOUGH. FOR NOW I HAVE THE SECOND ROW OF LOW CLASS. AM PRIORITY GOLD LIKE MILLIONS OF OTHERS. WILL TRY FOR UPGRADE DAY BEFORE. IS THERE A SCREEN THAT TELLS US WHAT SEATS ARE ACTUALLY TAKEN ON THE PLANE SO I CAN SEE IF THEY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH THAT BULKHEAD IS ACTUALLY FULL , LIKE THEY ARE SAYING TO ME.

Condolences on the cast; I know how unpleasant they can be. You can try the site itn.net; go through the steps to buy a seat for your flight and you can see the seat map before you have to purchase or hold anything. You can also check to see how many seats are left in First to get an idea of whether your upgrade will clear.

In my experience they are pretty good about telling you the truth about seats being available or not; if they say the bulkhead row is full, it probably is.
Old May 27, 2001, 8:31 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
If you are gold, you can actually call 3 days in advance of the flight.

And, it's unlikely they're lying to you - they'd give them up to you right now if you're a preferred member.

Aruba is a vacation/tourist destination. You probably stand a better upgrade chance than going to a domestic location like ORD, DFW or LAX.

But, to be honest - your leg would do best in a bulkhead isle, because you can extend it beyond the bulkhead up to the last row of FC. Likewise your best FC seat will be 1C or 1D.
Old May 27, 2001, 11:07 am

I'm guessing you are a SILVER*, not a GOLD, in which case you can request an upgrade two nights before your flight (i.e., departure 2pm on Satuday, can call at midnight between Thursday and Friday).

*You say you are a Priority Gold. If I recall correctly, Priority Gold is now called Silver Preferred (formerly Preferred), while Priority Gold Plus is now called Gold Preferred (formerly Preferred Plus). Chairman's Preferred had no equivlent in the old USAir Frequent Flyer scheme.
Old May 29, 2001, 6:45 am
geo1004

Aruba is a 757 right? Exit rows and/or upgrades should be easy at the Gold level.

Even so, if my left leg was in a cast I would get a right side aisle seat reserved in advance... left side aisle if my right leg was in a cast. Call the Gold # and tell them your situation, they should be more than able to help you.

[This message has been edited by geo1004 (edited 05-29-2001).]

Old May 29, 2001, 6:50 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally posted by geo1004:
Aruba is a 757 right? Exit rows and/or upgrades should be easy at the Gold level.

Even so, if my left leg was in a cast I would get a right side aisle seat reserved in advance... left side aisle if my right leg was in a cast. Call the Gold # and tell them your situation, they should be more than able to help you.

[This message has been edited by geo1004 (edited 05-29-2001).]
Its an A320, not a 757 according to the June OAG.

Old May 29, 2001, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally posted by geo1004:

actually both AUA and SDQ should be A-320s.

Apparently, the A-320s to AUA are PACKED.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.