Search

Interesting thoughts

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2001, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Interesting thoughts

Had some interesting observations on my recent flights to SAN:

The cold chicken plate is still there - although there is now a choice of the stupid rubber bird or a chef's salad. According to my wife the salad is marginally acceptable. Note to self: do not ever book late evening transcon flights especially after having seen the meal selections on the dinner flights.

The FAs appear to be making a concerted effort on front-back (west) and back-front (east) service in the F cabin. Plan accordingly or simply place yourself in the middle row.

I now understand why FAs hate the A-321. Great plane as a passenger but boarding is an absolute horror.
Old May 23, 2001, 7:53 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
On a lot of my PHL-DFW-PHL flights in the past month, the choice has usually been quite good. Pasta, small cheese pizza, hot chicken, beef, etc.(only 2 of the above at any one time). And the strawberry marble cheesecake or chocolate fudge cheesecake really tops it all off!

I'm on the SFO-PIT red-eye this Fri. I'm not looking forward to much but a little sleep for the 4 hour flight.
Old May 23, 2001, 8:02 am
geo1004

Originally posted by ITRADE:

The FAs appear to be making a concerted effort on front-back (west) and back-front (east) service in the F cabin. Plan accordingly or simply place yourself in the middle row.

I'm not saying at thing...

Old May 23, 2001, 10:37 am

On all the transcontinentals I've taken from DEN to the East Coast in G (to PHL on 3/10, PHL on 5/12, and CLT on 5/19), service has always been front to back. In fact, I've never seen back-to-front service in first class on any flight. Needless to say, I try to avoid booking anything behind row 2 in the 319/320.
Old May 23, 2001, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
That cold rubber chicken plate is nasty! It was offered on my YYZ-PHL flight in F last week. I didn't let it bother me because it was such a short flight and was connecting to a FCO flight in Envoy, but I'd be upset if I was stuck with that meal on a transcon!
Old May 23, 2001, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Was on the SEA-PIT redeye last Thursday. Orders were taken from the front (was in row 5 but figured rightly most pax would be sleeping). The chicken was offered as usual (which I had) as well as a prawn and pasta (angel hair?) cold plate that was the same as the cold plate for a PHL-SEA lunch flight not too long ago.
Old May 23, 2001, 6:51 pm

The rubber bird IS nasty! I've eaten it 3 times and got really sick each time. Now, no matter how hungry I will not eat it. One recent flight, I ate 3 packages of Pepperidge Farm cookies and 2 bags of chips.
Old May 24, 2001, 6:51 am
geo1004

Originally posted by firstclass:
The rubber bird IS nasty! I've eaten it 3 times and got really sick each time.

Personally, I would have given up after the first try.

But hey, that's just me.

Old May 24, 2001, 8:46 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I should add that an FA told me that management has recently told them to stop alternating the way they serve food, so it should be from front to back regardless of what flight.

I should also add that even the FA says, when he/she comes to offer the meal choices, "tonight we have the infamous cold chicken plate or a warm, tasty cheese pizza". Love that pizza!

Old May 25, 2001, 5:50 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Had some interesting observations on my recent flights to SAN:...

I now understand why FAs hate the A-321. Great plane as a passenger but boarding is an absolute horror.
I took my first 321 ride Tuesday, FLL-PHL. Full flight, lots of chaos in boarding as well. Very nice once it got going, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.