Wiki Posts
Search

funky flight leg!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2001, 3:56 pm
LEB
Original Poster

funky flight leg!

I was pricing out a flight from BOS on US (their website). The outbound was fine, routing BOS-PHL and onwards. On the return flight it routed into PHL but instead of then routing a PHL-BOS it used the following:

Flight: Shuttle America flight 212 on a Dehavilland Dash 8
To: Bedford, MA (BED)
7:05pm
Meals: Snack/Brunch

Hey, only a 50 mile taxi ride to catch my TTN flight connection and then another 20 miles to get from BED to BOS and pick up my car!

I thought it was a pretty funny glitch.

Old Mar 18, 2001, 6:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
Trenton may be co-terminal with PHL, in which case the computer sees it as a normal alternative. As an example, in New York City, besides LGA, JFK, and EWR all being co-terminal (that is, you can go in one and out the other, or vice versa, at no additional cost) White Plains and Islip(are in the same category.
Old Mar 18, 2001, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally posted by deelmakur:
Trenton may be co-terminal with PHL,
that is what I thought as well, but if you notice the itin is for a Shuttle America flight. I guess US is just giving other options?

As a note, the following groups of cities are considered to be the same point:
EWR - HPN - NYC - ISP, LAX - ONT - SNA, BWI - WAS, FLL - MIA, GSO - INT, ORF - PHF, SFO - SJC, UCA - SYR.

No mention of PHL-TTN

[This message has been edited by chexfan (edited 03-18-2001).]
Old Mar 18, 2001, 8:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
The US website is really Travelocity. It does a lot of weird things. It also shows other airlines when a USAirways flight isn't available, or there is no tariff for a particular city pair (like SEA to ORD, where it shows United, instead of US). Can't explain the Trenton thing, unless you gave it a wrong city code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.