Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why are online reservations so difficult ...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2001, 11:15 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Why are online reservations so difficult ...

For the life of me I can't book a reservation I want to make on the US Airways website for an ESaver ... keeps giving me the usual error (you must have used the back button, etc, etc), and I keep hitting "Cancel" ... which usually fixes it, but it's not fixing it ...

Any other ideas?
Old Jan 31, 2001, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Well, I finally figured out the problem was there were no coach seats

That's what I get for waiting to buy an ESaver ... it was there earlier ... but now ... it's not.
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Make sure you use Internet Explorer and not Netscape. The US website seems to choke on my version of Netscape.

[This message has been edited by BillMorrow (edited 01-31-2001).]
Old Jan 31, 2001, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately on my computer at work, IE doesn't work for some strange reason

Anyway, I don't understand why US Airways has such a problem anyway ... can't tell me when a flight is sold out, and there's the ever present problem of having to "cancel" something you don't buy or it chokes on the next itinerary you try ... just silly!
Old Feb 1, 2001, 8:58 am
geo1004

Originally posted by Beckles:
... just silly!

These two words perfectly sum up my feelings about the US website. I've learned to deal with, get around it and mess with it. But it is still a pain in the...

[This message has been edited by geo1004 (edited 02-01-2001).]

Old Feb 1, 2001, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The travelocity/US Airways shell is one of the poorest excuses for an airline reservation system that I've seen. I LOATHE to use it.

My typical procedure is to first check itn.net for availability; find flights that I want and know are available; jot down that information; then attempt to book it via the usairways.com web site. Usually it works.

E-savers are very tricky things. They're not available on all flights and are often available only on VERY early or VERY late flights. An example was when I wanted to fly down to SAV for a weekend. The only Saturday departure out of CLT was a 10:00 p.m. departure and the only Sunday SAV-CLT flight was something like 6:00 a.m. - needless to say, I didn't do the trip.
Old Feb 4, 2001, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it has some major bugs in it. Lots of times, you get this error that your dates/times are out of order and you need to start over, even though everything is fine. It is very frustrating!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.