Wiki Posts
Search

e-ticket kiosks.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2000, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
e-ticket kiosks.

Saw the announcement about the e-ticket kiosks. They're giving 1,000 miles for the first time you buy a ticket and check in or just check in with one of the machines.

My question is, can you use one of them if you are using an upgrade on a flight???

Old Oct 21, 2000, 3:27 pm

I'm under the impression that if you are a Chairman's Preferred, you can, since upgrades are free.

If you are a Silver or Gold Preferred, I'd guess you would have to see an agent in order to turn the certs in.

Continental and Northwest, who have the most eCheck-in machines in my experience, don't have this problem, since all levels get free unlimited upgrades. The only thing separating the levels in this regard is when they can be confirmed.
Old Oct 22, 2000, 7:35 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
FYI in BOS the machines are located across from the main ticket counters, and also down by the shuttle gates (9-13). The machines have only a touch screen, no keyboard, and resemble the operation of NW and CO machines.

I called US, and was told that the machine will not check in an upgraded pax. The res agent called an airport, and this is what she was told.

Someone should try it and post? E.g. a Gold try it, and a CP try it....to see if this matters.

It probably depends on exactly what US must do to your electronic ticket to confirm it in the G class. E.g. do they have a special entry they use to syncranize or revalidate your ticket when its changed in this way? For instance, at CO, they call it syncranizing your e-ticket. You always hear them talk to each other about whether your etkt is in sync. Does US have a similar phrase that the agents use when conversing with each other?
Old Oct 22, 2000, 7:46 am
geo1004

I made the mistake of checking in at the US Club at DCA, then as I headed to the gate, saw the kiosks. Doh!!!

Old Oct 23, 2000, 10:14 am

i had five flights with us this wknd, and i tried to use the kiosks 3 times. i had no success. i had three us agents assist me during these 3 check-ins. i used both my didvidend miles card, as well as the credit card used to purchase the tickets. nothing!!!
the agent in dca says there has been quite alot of frustration with the machines.

nw kiosks work just fine. send us back to the drawing board!!!
Old Oct 23, 2000, 11:52 am

I'm Gold Preferred and used a kiosk to check-in for an upgraded flight without any hiccups.

[This message has been edited by ThisFlightNoFuel (edited 10-23-2000).]
Old Oct 23, 2000, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
TFNF: Was the upgrade certificate based, or did you upgrade using miles (I'm assuming not an "A" fare)? Hmmm ... maybe a way to keep a cert ... like it already (unless they demanded a cert later).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.