Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

How to calculate how far you are to the next set of upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2000, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold

This would be a real simple question if US didn't have that double status miles thing earlier this year.

I just got my 2nd set of gold upgrades (8) with an additional 2 for 20k after my near 15k Q miles in August. I can't figure out how far I am on along the track to the next 8. Never got any for my brief silver membership.

Would it be the miles since I became silver or gold, on the normal track or the all Q-miles track?

I've accumulated nearly 36k normal Q-miles since silver, nearly 27k since they comped me to gold (got there some 7k miles before I should have).

I started the year with no status and used the double Q miles promo to get silver and then gold in quick succession.

Hopeless mess or has someone figured it out?
Old Sep 6, 2000, 3:43 pm

I've gone through this with USAir already. The miles that count are all preferred miles earned since March 1, 2000, except for the double miles earned in the post-strike aftermath (which are called preferred miles, but only count for purposes of elite level qualification, and NOT upgrade earning). I complained so much, and pointed out that the web site refers to only one kind of "preferred miles" that they finally just sent me 6 upgrades out of frustration. Now I have no idea where I am on the earning chart - who's going to try to go back and add it all up!

Oh wait, if you weren't Silver on March 1, the counter starts when you became Silver, or March 1, whichever is later.

[This message has been edited by BeantownFlyer (edited 09-06-2000).]
Old Sep 6, 2000, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Just called US and it seems that I started the Gold upgrade track when I hit gold so I never got any 4 pack as a silver (other than the one in the kit) and these miles (some 9k normal, 19k total Q miles earned inbetween) don't seem to count.

Shouldn't complain as I have some 17 NAs plus 4 SWUs.

For anyone in my situation, the track starts from the balance in "normal" Q miles on the last flight as a SP (miles earned on the flight one becomes a GP starts counting towards the upgrade track).
Old Sep 6, 2000, 9:03 pm
dg1

Here's my solution -- just fly enough to be Chairman's Preferred and ***** the certs! (censored for the hypersensitive on the board!)
Old Sep 7, 2000, 6:02 am
geo1004

Originally posted by dg1:
Here's my solution -- just fly enough to be Chairman's Preferred and ***** the certs! (censored for the hypersensitive on the board!)

I'm not hypersensative about your language, it's the fact that as a CP you'll bump my GP rearend out of a FC seat!

Old Sep 7, 2000, 7:28 pm
dg1

All's fair in love and upgrades Just remember, I'm getting my CP tush more often in coach thanks to those confirmable anytime in advance systemwides given to you scu.. I mean Gold and Silver Preferred's. <grin>
Old Sep 8, 2000, 5:15 am

Programs: AA concierge key; marriott premier platinum; United GS; hilton diamond
I still want to know how USAir plans to handle the CP's after the merger goes through since United does not have the same unlimited upgrade policy . Will they send the CP's a bunch of upgrades based on what we would have received last year? Will they grandfather us in for a year? Anybody hearing anything there? Since I moved to Paris it is hard to catch up on news regarding US airlines
Old Sep 8, 2000, 8:32 am
dg1

PSU Lion: United has plenty of 1Ks. Maybe a handful of us Chairman's Preferred are worth some special compensation, but my bet is that us Chairman's Preferred will get a letter stating that because of United's vast route network, the systemwides we get (more with United) will be of more value. True. I'm sure they'll gloss over the fact you'll spend more time in the back, however
Old Sep 20, 2000, 10:50 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Is it actual flight miles that count towards the upgrades or the 500 mile minimum?
Old Sep 20, 2000, 12:40 pm
geo1004

Originally posted by MileKing:
Is it actual flight miles that count towards the upgrades or the 500 mile minimum?
Any flight under 500 miles counts as 500.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.