Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Pref. Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2000, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm Gold and haven't had a problem booking well in advance and getting an upgrade on the spot. Heck, they even forgot to collect my certs for a couple flights recently.
Old Aug 8, 2000, 10:48 am
geo1004

Originally posted by stimpy:
Heck, they even forgot to collect my certs for a couple flights recently.
They ask for my certs about 60-65% of the time... usually when I'm away from my home airport.

Old Aug 8, 2000, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I don't think Babu will have any problem with a Gold upgrade BOS-PHX on a Saturday. That is not a heavily traveled route, and I believe that is the second lightest travel day (after Tuesday) of the week. With his two North Americans from the kit and with one set of 4 purchased 800-mile upgrades, there would be enough certificates for the whole round-trip.

One comment: American and United do not cap the distance on their upgrade stickers/ certificates like US Airways does. For example, BOS-SFO is 2704 miles, and UA and AA require 6 upgrade stickers/ certifs. each way (their coupons are for 500 miles each). They do not do exceptions on this routing. US Airways requires only 3. US Airways flights over 2397 miles (3x799 miles) are allowed upgrades nonetheless with only 3 upgrade certificates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.