Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

Getting bumped or a double upgrade to Int'l First (PIT-FRA)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2000, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold

Situation is this: I fly PIT-FRA on Monday. Flight is showing quite full in the back (2 Y/B/M seats, no seats can be assigned). F has 4 seats available and J/C has 7 with 6 seats unassigned.

Booked in O class (Envoy class on upgrade from e-saver). What is the chance that they'll require extra seats and would bump me to F? I presume the full-fare Envoy pax would get first crack?

What about volunteering to get bumped if there is a request? I am in no rush to get to FRA.
Old Aug 2, 2000, 8:56 pm
dg1

If you get bumped and stuck in PIT, leave a holler. I'd be happy to come out to the airport and meet and greet.

Good luck and best wishes -- I hear US's inventory control (ie seat) is pretty good so I doubt you'll get the lucky bump to first -- especially since there are probably some paying passengers not to mention Chairman Preferred's and people who paid a lot more than you for the flight.
Old Aug 3, 2000, 6:44 am
geo1004

terenz: I doubt you'll get a double upgrade to FC.

If you do get bumped and end up flying the next day or on another flight, I'd try and get them to put you in Envoy on the the other flight without giving them your systemwide upgrade certificate. In addition to whatever compensation you get for the bump, retaining the systemwides for future flights could be a major bonus...

Regardless, enjoy your trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.