Search

Best F seats on a 757

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2000, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Best F seats on a 757

never flown F on a 757 but have an upgrade confirmed for SEA-PIT Thursday night. Could those familiar with this bird let me know which F seats are the better ones?

Was told that row 6 cannot recline?
Old Jul 31, 2000, 9:39 am
dg1

I've flown 757's often out of PIT. I don't recall if row 6 does not recline (I think it does, maybe a little bit limited if they put things behind your seat) .. but there are no other 'preferred' rows. At some gates they deplane out of the middle (behind first) door, at some out the front door. Drives me crazy since I don't know where to sit!

However, I think all the seats are basically the same.
Old Jul 31, 2000, 11:55 am
geo1004

In theory, meal order taking on a SEA-PIT flight will start with row 6 and work its way forward. If getting your meal choice is a priority, you may want to choose row 4 or 5. Row 6 does have recline issues... the seats do not go back quite as far as the other rows.

Personally, I prefer row 1. I prefer to not have a seat recline back toward me...

[This message has been edited by geo1004 (edited 07-31-2000).]

Old Jul 31, 2000, 12:40 pm

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
If you look on the American Airlines board, on July 27th, there's a thread titled "seat recommendations" and quite a few replies were posted re: 757 seats
Old Jul 31, 2000, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Thanks all for the replies.

DG1

Getting out will not be a major concern (how long can the F pax take to disembark? FWIW, on my 4 or so US 757 flights in April/May, all seem to have embarked/disembarked through 2L (at SEA, PIT, DCA, BOS, PHL)

Geo:

Thanks for the tip on meals but since it's the red eye, no food! I remember US did serve a cold plate in F back in '90 but doubt they do it now.

Just checked the USAirways timetable, they serve a snack! Nice when AA doesn't in flights of longer duration and similar departure times.

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 07-31-2000).]
Old Jul 31, 2000, 2:08 pm
dg1

When I flew the redeye from LAX-PIT they said 'No food for you!' -- I got nothing in First. Maybe that's changed for the better.

As per getting out first -- it's an obsession for me -- and the problem is wussy first class passengers who let everybody in coach out first when deplaning out of 2L.

I believe out of a dozen flights on 757s I've disembarked out of 1L twice. So I'd go with geo and recommend rows four or five. Enjoy.

Old Jul 31, 2000, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
On the red eyes I've flown the last couple of years - I do seem to remember being offered a cold plate - although last time from LAX-CLT I begged off so I could get to sleep that much quicker.

As for seat recommendations, I do recall that Row 6 is listed as "Undesirable" on US' website seating chart. I assume that has something to do with recline as the partition is right behind Row 6. But I didn't have much of a problem with reclining in Row 6 on a daytime SFO-CLT flight. Like geo, I like row 1 myself since no one leans into you - but if you want out first - I second 4 or 5. (as most times, you go in and out of 2L) Since it's the red eye - no worry about visibility of the in the aisle tv I'd say.

I am reminded of a conversation I had with a counter agent here in CLT as I was heading to Phoenix recently. Essentially he said - you need to be careful booking anything past Row 3 in first of any US aircraft as an equipment change can suddenly put you in the first row of coach as opposed to sitting in first. If there is the possibility of equipment substitution - you'll want to consider going no further back than Row 3 since that's the end of first on a 319.

Meal orders are supposed to be taken in the order geo noted. But one flight attendant recently metioned to me that they do want to take care of the CP's first. As for the rest of us - oh well.
Old Jul 31, 2000, 5:15 pm

I always try to sit in row two or three. This usually guarantees me a choice of entrees to select from and a better view of the TV montior.
Old Aug 1, 2000, 8:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
If you pull a seat chart on Sabre, it lists the seats in row 6 as "least desirable". The actual letter "U" appears over the seats on the map, and that reference is in the key below.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.