Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best seats on regional jets?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2000, 10:15 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Best seats on regional jets?

I will be flying a regional jet out for a trip on US in early September and was wondering if there are any suggestions for good seats? I have heard that some of the regional jets board from the rear. Is this true for US flights out of DCA? Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2000, 1:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
not sure that there really are any "great seats" on RJ's. I've flown them several times and can say that if traveling alone, I guess that the single seats will suffice. Of course, with no one sitting next to you, I would choose the double seats closest to the front. Have had a few minutes of clostraphobia (sp?) in one of these planes, but the oversized windows seemed to help me out of that. Have a good trip.

[This message has been edited by jms8090 (edited 07-19-2000).]
Old Jul 19, 2000, 7:00 pm

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
I've only flown rj's a few times, but my experience is that the regional props board from the back and rj's from the front. I found the first row, left side (single seat side) had the best leg room other than exit row on the double seat side further back.. caution - if you're on the double row side, make sure to get aisle - the window seat has a sloping bulkhead and I found it hard to find a place to put my right foot.
Old Jul 19, 2000, 7:45 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Thanks for the tips! The regional jet does board from the front so I managed to get seats near there. I'm travelling with someone so we went with the 2 seat side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.